Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,541 Posts
TripDub, I tend to agree with you. I've never been high on Harrington. From what I've seen, he's more a SF than a PF, particularly on defense. Noc is clearly undersized, but he's becoming more productive as time goes on. I'd prefer an absolutely legit PF or C.

· Registered
6,911 Posts
Noch is a bargain for the price.

Yes I'm a bit biased.

· Premium Member
3,528 Posts
transplant said:
TripDub, I tend to agree with you. I've never been high on Harrington. From what I've seen, he's more a SF than a PF, particularly on defense. Noc is clearly undersized, but he's becoming more productive as time goes on. I'd prefer an absolutely legit PF or C.
I agree completely, I really don't hope Harrington is Pax's number one free agent this summer, I just don't think he fits the role we need right now.

· Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
LegoHat said:
I agree completely, I really don't hope Harrington is Pax's number one free agent this summer, I just don't think he fits the role we need right now.
I disagree. The role we need is production from the PF position. Seems like Harrington provides that. I don't think of him as replacing Noc, though, rather giving us a starting PF who the other team has to account for on both ends of the floor. Noc will still get plenty of time at SF & PF.

· Registered
2,814 Posts
First things first. We need a center. Prizbilla comes to mind.
We should pay and trade whatever it takes to get him or another legitimate center (e.g., Nene, Wilcox, ...). This is what cap space is all about.

Then, if there is money left over, we should look at other free agents -- including Harrington -- and offer the ones who don't happen to be vertically challenged guards or small forwards what they are worth, but not more.

Nocioni's play makes the need to get a forward less compelling. It should be noted that we also have Sweetney, Allen and O. Harrington under reasonable contracts for next year, and all of them have experience with the Bulls system. Power forward is not the pressing need it would appear to be if we have a decent starting center and two rookies that we can bring along slowly.

· Registered
580 Posts
It seem to me that the only real center we can get is from the draft,and even that scares me.ssome of the names mentioned would be nice additions but man we need a BIG man.Not another sf/pf.Ya Nocioni is undersized but so was Barkley at pf.Noc is no sir Charles but from a size standpoint I think I make a good argument.
The Center position-what would I do?I'd find an average guy( wilcox,prizbilla ect.) sign one for as cheep as I could.Should be enough to deffinatly get us into the playoffs,maybe 2nd or 3rd round,maybe farther.A couple good picks will also help us ,Pax is good at drafting talent and signing guys(Hinrich,Deng,Noc,Gordon).Then I'd hope for the best the next season.Maybe we get Oden or another talented BIG from that draft.How is free agant BIGS looking next year for free agants?I think we try saving some cash and try to land a good BIG man the following off season instead of paying some pf too much to play a position that he cannot play.EXAMPLE: Tyson Chandler.

· Registered
580 Posts
I agree 100% trueblue. He may not be PF size but he's tough , playes big and is a deadly shooter from outside.Him shooting out side draws defending PF out of the paint opening it up for others guys to penetrate .If we can get a good slashing guard or a guy like Deng ,if he slashes more we can really take advantage of teams. :clap:

· Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nocioni averaging 17.8 and 9.8 his last five games with 4 straight double-doubles.

I hope the Bulls will look to add some legit size via FA (Wilcox, Nene, Mohammed, Gooden) instead of trying to upgrade at the super tweaner position.

· The Snake
6,519 Posts
I see a plausible chance this couldn't be our roster next year...

Starters
Point Guard-Kirk Hinrich
Shooting Guard-Ben Gordon
Small Forward-Luol Deng
Power Forward-Andres Nocioni
Center-Tyson Chandler

Bench
1st Guard-Ronnie Brewer(15th Pick)
2nd Guard-Chris Duhon
3rd Guard-Jannero Pargo
4th Guard-Rick Brunson(Just for kicks)

1st Wing-Matt Harpring(FA Cash)
2nd Wing-Eddie Basden
3rd Wing-Rashad Anderson(Undrafted Pickup)

1st Post-Tyrus Thomas(1st Pick)
2nd Post-Nazr Mohammad(FA Cash)
3rd Post-Michael Sweetney
4th Post-Malik Allen

· Registered
2,704 Posts
italianBBlover said:
Noce can be a very good starting PF, if only Skiles would have the balls to try some small ball.

Take a look on how Andres played in the last (winning) games ...
Only Jay Wright plays more guards on the court at the same time then Skiles. Skiles isn't afraid of going small, hell that's all he's got.

· Registered
21 Posts
When Noc can go through stretches like last night where he can keep Dalembert off the boards and limit his scoring, Noc absolutely can play PF because he just killed Dalembert all night on offense with his movement and off the dribble. This won't work all the time or at all against some teams but that isn't a knock on Noc because he should be more of a SF anyway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.