Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the season, if I remember right (no comments please), teams were inquiring about Travis. It was posted that he was activated for last night's game, but didn't play. It doesn't appear as though he is fitting into the rotation. Miles is a little banged up but Blazers still have Victor, Ruben and Monia for the 3 spot. Maybe the team should seriously shop Travis while summer laegue is still in the minds of GMs?

I know the least thing you want to think about is trades while the team is winning, but my concern is that Outlaw's value may be dropping by the week.

I would do a Outlaw for Pierce trade. :smile:

·
Registered
910 Posts
i doubt it. he did things last season, but in scrub time. i just wonder what he has done to totally get nate to hate on him. seems like he was going to be a big part. maybe that is why we are winning right now, because nate is doing what he wants and nash is keeping his nose out of everything.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Does Outlaw have trade value? Uhmmm...yeah.

If there's one player on the roster that I'd put at the top of the list for a future Jermaine O'Neal breakout on another team, it would be Travis. The guy needs PT to achieve his potential and I don't see any way that he's going to get it in Portland unless Nash decides to unload some of our excess baggage at the SF position.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
e_blazer1 said:
Does Outlaw have trade value? Uhmmm...yeah.

If there's one player on the roster that I'd put at the top of the list for a future Jermaine O'Neal breakout on another team, it would be Travis. The guy needs PT to achieve his potential and I don't see any way that he's going to get it in Portland unless Nash decides to unload some of our excess baggage at the SF position.

I agree Travis has potetntial which is why I ask about his trade value (do other teams see the potential). You hate to trade another "O'Neil" but Blazers are loaded at SF and teams would be willing to give up something in hopes of geting another "O'Neil" (as opposed to trading the russians)

Travis is in his third year, I say get value for him now, get another PF, and take your chances on Monia, Victor and Ruben (are we saying the same thing?)

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Outlaw is staying here for the future.

Common sense dictates that eventually Ruben, due to age and contract expiring next year, will move on.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think we need to wait until midseason or even the trade deadline. If Miles is still getting 20 points, 6-8 rebounds and really just playing like he is now, then we should really look into trading Outlaw, Khryapa or Monia. I would look to move Outlaw first. If we can get a good, young big man then we should go for it.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to trade Outlaw for the sake of trading him. but who else do we have as bait to get a good young or vet big man?

I don't think Zach's knees are going to hold out if Patterson is backing him up because you can't afford to leave Patterson at the PF postion for too long in each game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts