Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at how he's carrying the team, he doesn't deserve to be in the All-Star game. He looks totally lost this year and he needs to get better conditioned.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
yes

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really prefer he's not in the All-Star game so he can work out harder in the summer to get in better shape.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well maybe if his supporting cast could do anything he wouldn't look so lost.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
I really prefer he's not in the All-Star game so he can work out harder in the summer to get in better shape.

what does this have to do with getting in better shape? It is one game. Not the olympics.

Pierce deserves to be there over Vince Carter.

Paul Pierce has played very good this season. He has not played the way he CAN and SHOULD be playing, at an even higher level.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If PP is not in the All-Star, it's like a slap on his face. That may encourage him to work out and get better. Don't you feel his game is completely lost?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I personally feel he should based solely on the numbers (even if he is the only decent player on the team and doesn't have to pass the ball to anyone) but I can see why people think he should not.

It's like the MVP race in baseball. A-Rod was clearly the best player but he wasn't the MVP of anything but the worst team in baseball.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Did the Walker trade affect PP's play this season? He's not motivated right now.
I don't get to see many of the games, but I think it's obvious that it's effected his play, as well as all the other changes. I think losing Kenny Anderson a couple years ago effected his play as well, you'll notice his FG% plummetted the minute he was shown the door. Pierce is a tremendous player but he doesn't have the athletic ability nor the playmaking ability to single-handedly be a consistent force (ala Tmac, teams' records aside). He needs a quality point guard and another legitimate all-star to reach his top 10 status.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Also, since Walker left, the refs have not been giving him the calls he used to get. I think he dribbles into traffic because before, he'd get to the line. Now, the refs just let it play out. Defenses can just grab or swat at him, and he'll lose the ball with no call. He needs to learn to not expect the call and be more protective of the ball. He's best catching and shooting off screens. If he can go one on one, great. But most teams don't let that happen.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Pierce deserves it

I think he deserves it; he's doing everything he can with little help.

·
Registered
800 Posts
He doesnt deserve it! He hasnt been even close to allstar form so far! Michael Redd and Baron Davis should be picked and that still leaves Jason Kidd out!

No, he just hasnt earned it this year! He wont be picked!

·
Registered
67 Posts
TOTALLLY AGREE!!

BIRDMAN IS RIGHT

PIERCE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BE ALLSTAR
... after season like this, no way...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Re: TOTALLLY AGREE!!

Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
BIRDMAN IS RIGHT

PIERCE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BE ALLSTAR
... after season like this, no way...
Please.

Tell me how

22.9 PPG
5.5 Assists/Game
6.8 Rebounds Per game

is not good basketball.. Yeah, Paul hasnt played as dominate as last season, but give him props. Forget the team's wins for the all-star selections..

Vince Carter is more popular, only why.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, one thing that can't make PP to be in the All-Star game is the stupid rule by the NBA having only 2 guards selected for the reserves.

In front of PP, there is Lebron, Kidd, and B.Davis. They should be selected before PP and people are chanting Redd to be there as well. So, it makes it hard for PP to be in the All-Star. And after all, I don't think he deserves to be in that game. Why? If PP is not there, then he will be motivated to get back into the All-Star game next year and that means he'll work out harder on the summer and be in better shape for next season.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Well, one thing that can't make PP to be in the All-Star game is the stupid rule by the NBA having only 2 guards selected for the reserves.
He'll probably be selected for one of the two spots that are regardless of position. With the lack of a whole lot of great centers or forwards, the East All-Stars will be loaded with guards. Plus Pierce can play SF, too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts