Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...as much as their other teams?

I rarely find people who have the Sixers as their favorite Philly team from around here. Usually it's the Eagles, Flyers, or Phillies, and someone else secondary. Most people seem to not really care about the Sixers. At first I thought it was because of their record, but then I realized the Phillies are possibly the worst franchise in the history of American sports.

I find that many people around here aren't even passionate about the Sixers. They'll be the first to go nuts for the littlest Eagle thing or go crazy about Forsberg, but if the Sixers make a move, it doesn't really seem to me like the city cares as much as they do about their other franchises.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just the people i know?

·
Registered
768 Posts
The Effin One said:
...as much as their other teams?

I rarely find people who have the Sixers as their favorite Philly team from around here. Usually it's the Eagles, Flyers, or Phillies, and someone else secondary. Most people seem to not really care about the Sixers. At first I thought it was because of their record, but then I realized the Phillies are possibly the worst franchise in the history of American sports.

I find that many people around here aren't even passionate about the Sixers. They'll be the first to go nuts for the littlest Eagle thing or go crazy about Forsberg, but if the Sixers make a move, it doesn't really seem to me like the city cares as much as they do about their other franchises.

Does anyone else notice this, or is it just the people i know?
Your prob. a little right. Eagles are predominately first, and it's always been that way. It seems that baseball fans love the Phillies and segregate themselves from the other sports in this town, they often resent the image of this city. The Sixers not being a contender for the most part have had a big influence around here. If you remember the championship run, this town was buzzing with Sixer love, and I've heard it was the same way back in '83 (before my time). You make the Sixers a contender, its all love.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
It goes Eagles, Phillies/Flyers, Sixers. Its been that way for years. Simple fact of the matter is last nights game was an indication that people really dont care. There was no one in the stadium. I have lower level seating and when there are floor seats open, then you know its a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts