Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I found out that Kareem was finally getting his due this thought popped up in my head, and it was brought up in the other thread. What do you guys think?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I feel like he won't but it's a shame they can't let bygones be bygones. I feel like it's gonna be an Eddie Murphy-SNL situation, for lack of a better comparison off the top of my head

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I'd say no. Only played here 8 years.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Here's a good question. If Pau gets into the HOF, which is highly likely with his international accomplishments being what they are, do we retire his number??

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
I don't think 8 years is enough to warrant a statue. I'm pretty sure Jerry West doesn't even have one yet.

He got one last year which lead to Kareem bitching about not having one.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Only if it's a statue of him in his Kazaam outfit.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
If he gets one it will probably be a statue of him celebrating after the alley oop against the Blazers, I would not be surprised if AEG gives Shaq a statue celebrating the 20/25/30th Anniversary of Staples Center.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I think he should get one . . . eventually. He is so freshly retired that it doesnt seem right yet.

I hate how Shaq's career ended, but at least his downfall gave credence to the Lakers managements decisions. We also should not forget what he brought to the Lakers' legacy and watching him as the MDE was a sight to behold. Im not sure we will ever see a specimen quite like him again.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts