Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the acquisition of Baron Davis, and the drafting of stud Andris Biendris undo the horrible moves of signing Adonal Foyle and Derek Fisher to those lucrative contracts??

In the words of our crazy ballscientist, discuss

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yeah, it kinda does. Baron for Speedy and Dale Davis? Are you kidding me? Biedrins has played well enough to where we won't have to rely on Foyle in the fututre. Fish has been good lately, but 2-3 years down the line it will be horrible. Foyle contract is terrible. So Mullin is 2 out of 4 this season. Not bad, there are many GMs who've done worse.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I agree, halfbreed. Foyle's contract is HORRIBLE, maybe one of the worst in nba history. Was Mullin drunken when they had negotiations?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can't exactly say that they undo those two contracts but in a lot of peoples' perspective, his grade went from a D+ to a B+ or higher. Those two contracts aren't that horrible, the biggest problem is the length. Fisher and Foyle are both 30 years old and they have contracts for 5 more years, do we really believe that they will be more effective in 5 years than what they are now?

·
Registered
614 Posts
someone tell me adonal's numbers? The guy plays like 20 minutes a night, and gives us like 4/4 and maybe a block or two? Although I must say I get a laugh sometimes watching Adonal.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I actually think Derek Fisher can play well into his mid-30s and still be an effective guard off the bench. He has tremendous body build that would allowed him assorbed the wear and tears better, and his games are never about athleticism. He will still be overpaid, but at least he should be able to produce to a certain extend in the last couple of years of his contract.

On the other hand, Foyle's contract is just an unexcused error on Mullin's part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts