Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys feel is the missing piece to build the team. I think that it is a low-post threat. It is a complete joke to see what our centers and low posts players are. Honestly, Mihm is a decent, but we need to somehow acquire someone who can straight up play.

(Please do not make this a hate thread for a player)

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
When you have a rebounder who will understand TEAM basketball and block the occasional shot, you are on your way to a sucessful season.

We need Russell out of retirement!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This team needs more than one piece to be a contender. In addition to a low-post threat, it needs a coach who has a clue how to run an offense with the talent they have while not sacrificing on the defensive end too much. It also either needs a legitimate point guard or someone who can teach Banks to be one. Pierce should not be running the team and until there's a player on the team who wants the ball and will set up his teammates, I'm afraid Pierce will still be running the team more than he should. It also wouldn't hurt to have another consistent star on the team. Maybe not an All-Star but a star. Davis could be that guy, but he's still learning. The team also needs a veteran leader. Pierce is not that guy, but there's nobody else on the team who even comes close.

I also think they already have low-post threats on the team, but they're not being used to their potential. Mihm is a good rebounder and a decent shot-blocker. He doesn't have much offense away from the basket, though, and he's still learning on defense. Blount is a good shot-blocker, defender, and an efficient scorer, but he's still not a good rebounder and has trouble catching passes. Hunter is a great rebounder and is a decent scorer, but he just doesn't get the minutes to develop his game. Perkins could be great, but he's still raw. LaFrentz is hurt but could do what Mihm does plus score from outside. I hate to beat a dead horse, but McCarty is holding all of these guys back. You can forget about rebounding, shot-blocking, low-post scoring, and inside defense when he's in there.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Excellent post sister .. Completely agree... A point and pf are still the needs plus a coaching staff that thinks like danny on offense and sloan on defense...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I think we need a legit Center and a PG, I think Kendrick is that legit center but he hasn't played this season AT ALL so he'll still be 2 years away now instead of 1 like it could have been. As for te PG situation, I'm still not sold on Banks, the kid has great talent but he's a rookie and it's hard to tell whats gonna happen with him but right now he's not it, maybe he will be but not yet. I think that Mihm could be our PF (instead of C). I think we need to trade Ricky Davis (I expect a backlash here), it's not that the kid hasn't been trying really hard it's just that I think he's too much of a duplication to Peirce and Welsch who of course are in our future. Ricky is a valuable commodity and I think we could get a quality PG or C for him....and once again, please throw in Walter in any trade made:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts