Votes: 23 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 41.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is obvious that vince will be in the All Star game via fan voting. Last year he didn't deserve to be, but this year he's played every game, and his current injury doesn't seem to be that serious, he might miss 2 or 3 games.

The question is does he deserve to be in the AS game this year?

I think he does, he's put up good stats(but not near his best) 22/5/5 and his team has a good record.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I dont think he is deserving of starting, but he definitely deserves to be there.

I'd be a little worried about that injury though.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Why in the god damn hell is Vince the only debatable allstar contestant? The player as of this season that should be debatable for the allstar game should be Shaquille O'Neal, in my opinion.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Why in the god damn hell is Vince the only debatable allstar contestant? The player as of this season that should be debatable for the allstar game should be Shaquille O'Neal, in my opinion.
Probably cause it's like he's ALWAYS injured, plus last year's debacle doesn't help him out.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
I dont think he is deserving of starting, but he definitely deserves to be there.

I'd be a little worried about that injury though.
If anything, T-Mac is the one. I meant I have ever seen an NBA all-star starter is playing on a losing team.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!

Probably cause it's like he's ALWAYS injured, plus last year's debacle doesn't help him out.
"Does Vince Carter deserve to be an allstar based on his Injury?"

I don't see any logic here. If he otherwise made this poll based on his gameplay this season, then this poll is worthless and simply not debatle, since he's frequently played like an allstar this season.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Shaquille O'Neal, are you kidding me? He's been injured, but he's played 27 games nonetheless.
20 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 55.3 FG%, 3.1 apg, 2.5 bpg

Other Western Conference Centers:
Yao: 15.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 52.0 FG%, 1.6 apg, 1.9 bpg
Brad Miller: 14.9 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 51.3 FG%, 4.8 apg, 1.3 bpg

How does Shaq not deserve to be in the All-Star game?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

Shaquille O'Neal, are you kidding me? He's been injured, but he's played 27 games nonetheless.

Why the hell are you using statistics to depict allstars? You think he deserves to be in the allstar game more than someone like Artest, despite having inferior "Statistics"? Hell no.
The point i'm trying to make is if Shaquille O'Neal deserves to be an allstar, then Vince Carter deserves to be an allstar. Don't try to argue with me about it based on last season's efforts. We're talkin' this season, and Vince has exceeded as an allstar-prone player this season.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

you're comparing the players above on the basis of averages. i think this poll was made to argue whether a player who is oft-injured, "star" or not, should qualify for an all-star appearance. i may be wrong there but that's what i got from the original post.

i think throwing shaq in the same category as vince for this season is absolutely appropriate. shaq has now missed approximately 15 games, and while he's put up great numbers, at what point do you consider the sample size (i.e. games played) to be insufficient: 1 game? 2 games? 10 games? 20 games? 40 games? is it just arbitrary?

in my opinion, the entire thread is an argument that will never be won, simply because it deals with the all-star game. that particular "showcase of talent" is always flawed, there is never a consistent standard of excellence that requires achievement in order to secure a berth. every year is different, most players ply their respective trades is unique cities (on unique teams, under an umbrella of unique circumstances), etc..

ask yourself: why should shaq be there? because shaq is "good"? why is shaq "good"? and how is he any "better" than vince carter? will it ever be possible to hold all the variables constant to form a comprehensive conclusion on this subject?

i reckon not. all-star games, hall of fames and end-season awards have less and less to do with the players considered, and more and more to do with their surrounding conditions. there's almost no point in even trying to win the argument here because i'm not sure whether anyone is even aware of what the argument happens to be in the first place.

peace

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
what crap. to think he doesn't "deserve" it this year is ridiculous.
It's like saying Michael Jordan didn't deserve it last year, although he technically did because it was a "luminarie's last allstar game". Jordan never even played as well as Vince in comparison of the 1st half of last season and the 1st half of this season, and did anyone regret Jordan as an allstar contestant?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
no he doesnt deserve it
He scored 8 and 4 respectively against your team. So i'm assuming that you're assuming Vince has scored that amount throughout the whole season, but you have no clue what Vince has done the other games.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts

It's like saying Michael Jordan didn't deserve it last year, although he technically did because it was a "luminarie's last allstar game". Jordan never even played as well as Vince in comparison of the 1st half of last season and the 1st half of this season, and did anyone regret Jordan as an allstar contestant?
but he's also played better than Jordan did last year and he's leading the league in voting (again) .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts