·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among the players released were

Brock Forsey from the Bears
Dante Brown from the Steelers
Q. Wilson from the Falcons

I wouldn't mind picking up either of them.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Takeit2dahouse00</b>!
Any Steelers fans know why he was released?
no reason absulutely ridiculios, he is better than the UNC Rookie they kept over him.
Most likely reasoin so they can Fuc&in carry 4 TE's even when they hardly ever Fu&kin throw it to them but just use them as blockers.

They saw a good target in Matt Kranchick 6"7 240 Penn ST so they kept him, Jermaine Tuman starter b/c is the best blocker on the team, Jay Riemersma because is the best recieving TE but keeping :eek: Matt Cushing:upset: :upset: :upset: who is medicore as a Te but can play FB so he gets roster spot absolutely idiotiac.
#3rd RB Verron Haynes can play FB to so why the hell did they keep Cushing??:upset: :upset: :sour:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad the Dolphins didn't deal for him in the offseason. Seems like there's a nice group to pick from, I hope Spielman signs one of them. It would be cool to have a white starting RB like Forsey. He plays with so much intensity.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!
no reason absulutely ridiculios, he is better than the UNC Rookie they kept over him.
Most likely reasoin so they can Fuc&in carry 4 TE's even when they hardly ever Fu&kin throw it to them but just use them as blockers.

They saw a good target in Matt Kranchick 6"7 240 Penn ST so they kept him, Jermaine Tuman starter b/c is the best blocker on the team, Jay Riemersma because is the best recieving TE but keeping :eek: Matt Cushing:upset: :upset: :upset: who is medicore as a Te but can play FB so he gets roster spot absolutely idiotiac.
#3rd RB Verron Haynes can play FB to so why the hell did they keep Cushing??:upset: :upset: :sour:
But if the Steelers kept Daunte Brown he wouldn't have played, so what's the difference?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>PhillyPhanatic</b>!

But if the Steelers kept Daunte Brown he wouldn't have played, so what's the difference?
I'm sure they could have waited it out and came away with a draft pick from the Dolphins or something.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Takeit2dahouse00</b>!
I'm sure they could have waited it out and came away with a draft pick from the Dolphins or something.
I'd understand that if they released him first cuts, but on last cuts they'd have to risk that someone that they want to keep wouldn't get picked up by another team. And Daunte Brown wasn't going to return them more than a 6th rounder, so in the end it wasn't worth it.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Pittsburgh Steelers: Dante Brown and nine other players were released by the club, which tried to trade the running back before the roster cutdown deadline.

With several teams thin at running back, the Steelers were looking to trade one of their extra backs. They wound up keeping free agent rookie Willie Parker of North Carolina and third-year pro Verron Haynes, who can play either running back or fullback.

Brown, who played in college at Memphis, ran 27 times for 120 yards, a 4.4 average, and three touchdowns in four exhibition games. He led the team in rushing during the 2003 exhibition season with 106 yards and two touchdowns, but was activated for only two games during the regular season.
LINK

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick Spileman and the Dolphins played it pretty good. Brown was one of the guys they wanted, but instead of trading for him, they can now go after him easily. Brown or Forsey or even Mike Cloud would be an upgrade to our running game.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also heard that Solomon Page got released, him or Carlos Joseph could really help our OL. We need all the depth we can get.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>GEFBOGIE #17</b>!
Lamar Smith could also be a good pick, I heard the dolphins are interested in him
He's a possibility but he's way too old. He was way too old when he rushed for 1,000 with us a couple years ago but w/e. I'd much rather have Forsey, Brown, or Wilson, even Mike Cloud.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Quincy Wilson is sweet....but he's only a rookie and won't help more than Sammy or Travis

I like adding Carlos Joseph too, he's a big OLineman who can give us some depth...

I've never heard of Dante Brown but he sounds like a good and popular pick up

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We tried to get him in the Booker deal along with Booker instead of the pick but they wouldn't budge. They were offering Terrell and Thomas but the Dolphins didn't want Terrell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts