Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if the Blazers were offered a great SG like Paul pierce...the Blazers would do it in a heartbeat and now with the trade for Rahim and the recent play of Miles...its looking like a real possibility that the blazers make a play for a SG like PP!

Damon-PG/cook/dickau
Pierce-SG/DA
Miles-SF/Patterson
Rahim-PF/Davis
Ratliff-C/Davis/Stepania

not a bad starting 5 anddecent bench...although DA's back would start hurting agin Im sure!

Its also clear as crystal zach benefited from sheed!

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I will say this about Zach. I like what he brings, but he absolutely needs to have good players around him for him to be successful. He cannot carry this team on his own. In fact his production offensively is extremely limited unless there is a second legit threat on the floor. Paul Pierce with SAR and Miles makes this team a HC advantage team for next season IMO.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious that the one move Portland should make right now would involve Z-Bo. His stock is inflated, and the Blazers could acquire some very high level talent for the guy.

I am not sold on Z-Bo. He cannot create his own shot. He doesn't play defense. Simply put, he's a very good garbage player. If Portland could land a high quality SG or PG by dealing Z-Bo, I think it would have to be a no brainer of a decision for Nash to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Professional Fan</b>!
Simply put, he's a very good garbage player.
Well, this "garbage player" you are describing is averaging over 21 points per game and over 11 rebounds per game. How many other players are getting that? Zach is a talented player. To say that he is a garbage player is a joke IMHO.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious that the one move Portland should make right now would involve Z-Bo. His stock is inflated, and the Blazers could acquire some very high level talent for the guy.

I am not sold on Z-Bo. He cannot create his own shot. He doesn't play defense. Simply put, he's a very good garbage player. If Portland could land a high quality SG or PG by dealing Z-Bo, I think it would have to be a no brainer of a decision for Nash to pull the trigger.
not too many 22 year olds can 'create' their own shots.

So instead of giving up on him already (he's already proven to be more of a player than Jermaine was in Portland) how about we let him grow up first?

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Jamison for Zach

:D

(wishful thinking)

Zach would do good in Dallas just because there are so many other scoring threats he could just make his check off their missed shots and doubt teams.

If it wasn't for Jamison's contract this deal might be a litte more realistic. :sigh:

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Yep, let's unload this bum.

He is past his prime and has too many flaws in his game. He is a weed smoking, lazy, underachiever. If you surround him with 4 guys from the local YMCA, he will never carry the team to a title. He is a cancer in the lockerroom and doesn't care about the fans. He is a racist who won't have sex with Jason Quick. He eats babies and sacrifices virgins under the full moon.

:rolleyes: Have I missed anything?:whatever:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!
If it wasn't for Jamison's contract this deal might be a litte more realistic. :sigh:
Maybe. But I really doubt it. I would rather have Z-Bo at this time for numerous reasons. Yes, his contract is one. Portland would not do a deal like this. Jamison is a good player but he's not worth Z-Bo to Portland.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!

He is past his prime and has too many flaws in his game. He is a weed smoking, lazy, underachiever. If you surround him with 4 guys from the local YMCA, he will never carry the team to a title. He is a cancer in the lockerroom and doesn't care about the fans. He is a racist who won't have sex with Jason Quick. He eats babies and sacrifices virgins under the full moon.

Sounds like some other Blazers I know....

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!

I like this one...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
Once people figure out his game, his stock will drop quickly.
Where in the world did you come up with that one? Is that like saying when people figure out Tim Duncan's game that his stock will drop quickly? Z-Bo has talent and you don't put up averages like he has this year without it. He may never be a KG but he is already playing very good b-ball at age 22 and has to be considered one of the better PF's in the game.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>antibody</b>!

Well, this "garbage player" you are describing is averaging over 21 points per game and over 11 rebounds per game. How many other players are getting that? Zach is a talented player. To say that he is a garbage player is a joke IMHO.
I couldn't agree more, some fans are soo freaking greedy. There is only about 4-5 players in the L averaging over 20 and 10 and Zach is the YOUNGEST! Quit taking him for granted guys.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts

Maybe. But I really doubt it. I would rather have Z-Bo at this time for numerous reasons. Yes, his contract is one. Portland would not do a deal like this. Jamison is a good player but he's not worth Z-Bo to Portland.
I wouldn't do this trade, Finley to PDX.
He's playing better now that hes healthy. He also fits the bill of improving the image of the team too.

Not too many young bigs around the leauge getting 20 and 10... but hell if you want to get rid of him I'm sure people will take em ;)

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Once people figure out his game, his stock will drop quickly
This is a misinformed statement IMO. First and most importantly, GM's, or anyone worth his job WOULD and SHOULD know all about a player like Zach. His strengths, his weaknesses, almost all GM's would know these. I HIGHLY doubt the value of a player fluctautes as much as it does in message boards like these. Add that to the fact he is still very young @ 22, and is a HARD worker, his upside potential is still very good. I don't see POR eager to trade him at all.

Here is an idea, why don't we wait and see how Rahim and Zach play togther before we cut one of them loose? It's not like either of them are going anywhere, and Zach's value isn't going to diminish significantly, unless he has a series of severe off court misteps b\t now and the end of the season, and I find that unlikely.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Guys, I love Zach and think he could be better than Sir Charles one day but if Pierce is offered we take that deal and run. Paul would be a deadly outside force for us plus he can create his own shot and SAR would be in his normal spot.

I don't think Boston would do this but if they do, sprint not run to that deal.

Pierce would solve a lot of the problems on this team.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
Guys, I love Zach and think he could be better than Sir Charles one day but if Pierce is offered we take that deal and run. Paul would be a deadly outside force for us plus he can create his own shot and SAR would be in his normal spot.

I don't think Boston would do this but if they do, sprint not run to that deal.

Pierce would solve a lot of the problems on this team.
I like Pierce too, but realistically, I can only see one way Boston trades him: if it is the ONLY way they can off-load Baker's contract. If they can void the deal, even work a decent buy-out, my bet is that Pierce stays put.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Hey, I agree, I don't think we are in sniffing distance of getting Pierce but if we are, do it and let Vin rot on the bench behind, DALE and Theo.

·
Registered
936 Posts

When I say "garbage player" I don't mean Zach is garbage. What I mean is he's very opportunistic around the hoop, and has incredible touch close in. He also relies upon those skills to produce good numbers. He can't play defense, he can't post up, he can't really beat guys off the dribble, he cannot create. Nor do I see him creating in the future. He's good - I'm not saying he isn't. But if Portland could land Pierce or even Crawford, I'd do it in a heart beat. Ensuring Rahim AND Miles stay in the starting lineup is, IMO, incredibly important. If that means Portland ships Zach for a player they absolutely NEED, it's a no brainer. Just thinking about Miles/Shareef/Ratliff in the starting lineup with a great PG or great SG gets me foaming at the mouth....

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When I say "garbage player" I don't mean Zach is garbage. What I mean is he's very opportunistic around the hoop, and has incredible touch close in. He also relies upon those skills to produce good numbers. He can't play defense, he can't post up, he can't really beat guys off the dribble, he cannot create. Nor do I see him creating in the future. He's good - I'm not saying he isn't. But if Portland could land Pierce or even Crawford, I'd do it in a heart beat. Ensuring Rahim AND Miles stay in the starting lineup is, IMO, incredibly important. If that means Portland ships Zach for a player they absolutely NEED, it's a no brainer. Just thinking about Miles/Shareef/Ratliff in the starting lineup with a great PG or great SG gets me foaming at the mouth....
I disagree. I think it's great that he is opportunistic around the hoop...very few players in the NBA have his energy and drive around the basket. He will improve defensively. Yes, he can post up...that's what he does every night. I would definitely not dump Z-Bo for Crawford...not a chance. Pierce could be another story but I just don't know.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts