Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deron Williams. He is one hell of a player, sure he doesnt score as much as alot of the so called college superstars, but he is without a doubt the best floor leader in college and his court vision is un matched. And he CAN score, hes a triple threat, you put Deron on a bad team your looking at a 20+ scorer but the man is on a great team and hes leading them to the national championship. Deron Williams is a great defender, a great passer, and a very good shooter. Let the Jason Kidd comparisons come in. But in all seriousness i trully believe that Deron will one day lead the NBA in assist if given the chance to start for a team. Bobcats maybe???

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Me and Hong Kong Fooey have been saying this for years. Deron = mini-Kidd.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
VincentVega said:
I don't think Deron is very mini. :wink:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I think he'll be in Utah personally, while Charlotte will go with the home product of either Marvin Williams or Chris Paul.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HKF said:
I think he'll be in Utah personally, while Charlotte will go with the home product of either Marvin Williams or Chris Paul.
Wow Deron in Utah would be a hell of a pick for the Jazz, defense and great court leadership will do wonders for the Jazz. Deron is a big guard combine him with AK47 the best defender in all of basketball you got yourself a very solid team in the making.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
VincentVega said:
It can't be good that vitale agrees with you. :wink:

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
Wow Deron in Utah would be a hell of a pick for the Jazz, defense and great court leadership will do wonders for the Jazz. Deron is a big guard combine him with AK47 the best defender in all of basketball you got yourself a very solid team in the making.
Last I checked, the Bulls have the best defender in all of basketball not included those who have season long suspensions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Career wise, Utah is a perfect fit for Deron. He may not like Salt Lake City, but a few years under Sloan will/can do wonders for Williams. This is where I want Williams to end up.
1. Utah
2. Cleveland
3. LA Lakers

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Keep him away from Cleveland. Deron + LeBron equals more trouble for us. Send him to ummmmm Seattle.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Wow, Deron in Utah. I could live with that

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sloth said:
Last I checked, the Bulls have the best defender in all of basketball not included those who have season long suspensions.
Are you talking about Tyson Chandler? I still think AK47 is the best defender in all of basketball.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
The future dime droppers are Telfair, Livingston, Felton and Williams in this league. 3 years from now, get used to see those names in the top 5 every season. TJ Ford as well, if he is healthy.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I love Deron Williams, but he's not going to be much different than Eric Snow. I like the Eric Snow comparison, and I hope no one holds it against me. To reiterate:

Slowish, steady, high assists, great A/TO ratio, strong defender, decent ability to score, team leader, rugged winner.

Snow from his 99-00 year (Philly's run at the Finals, Snow's second real season playing:

82 games played, 35 mpg, 43 FG%, 8 ppg, 7.6 apg, 1.7 spg, 2 TO. Deron Williams will look like this, except with a little more scoring (because he won't be running next to AI).

That being said, Utah would be thrilled to have him.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spongyfungy said:
Not if Telfair is still in the league.
I dont know about that, i all depends. Williams could be a late first rounder and could go to good team and in time will have no problem leading the league in assist. As for Telfair i love the kid hes got some mad ball handling and passing skills, but its just to early to tell who will be on top in 3 years.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Showtyme said:
82 games played, 35 mpg, 43 FG%, 8 ppg, 7.6 apg, 1.7 spg, 2 TO. Deron Williams will look like this, except with a little more scoring

That being said, Utah would be thrilled to have him.
I agree with those numbers.... for his rookie year that is. Hes gonna average alot more ppg then Snow thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
VincentVega said:
Call me a homer, but Deron will be the super-Kidd. I seriously believe this. Incredible court vision, better outside shot, and tough defense. Once he posts up smaller guards he'll be a franchise player. Book it.

The kid's come a long way since his freshman year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts