Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started a post on the Main Board, about how Wade should stop being compared to M.J. Now everyone is on about how much better Wade is then Kobe, i just want to make one thing perfectly clear, and i hope you all agree with me, it is not even worth a post to ask "who is better, Dwade or KB?" Thats honestly a waste of a frigen thread, i dont care if he is in his second season, he is not, and will not, ever be anything close to Kobe, im sorry to say this. I bet all the haters are going to be on my back like crazy in the NBA general board, but what do you gods among basketball fans (aka laker fans) think about this.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I think calling us Gods of laker fans will bring haters in... and I think Dwayne Wade is very good but has a funny first name

Reactions: LakerLunatic

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha good call, and who cares what the haters think, we are Lakers fans, and i am intensely into this team, i dont see any reason why someone would get mad at that post, unless they are a Heat bandwagon jumper, aka a Miami Heat 2004-2005 Fan.

BOOOOOO YA :banana: :banana:

GO LAKERS GO!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Travis76 said:
Haha good call, and who cares what the haters think, we are Lakers fans, and i am intensely into this team, i dont see any reason why someone would get mad at that post, unless they are a Heat bandwagon jumper, aka a Miami Heat 2004-2005 Fan.

BOOOOOO YA :banana: :banana:

GO LAKERS GO!
the heat do have a lot of new fans this year it seems

one thing i happily noticed... is few laker fans last yr are gone or not laker fans this year...we do hold strong

good job gentleman

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
People like to think present and not past. For instance LeBron James is not the best second year player ever. I have two words for you: Oscar Robertson. I have another two words: Triple Double.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Travis76 said:
So i started a post on the Main Board, about how Wade should stop being compared to M.J. Now everyone is on about how much better Wade is then Kobe, i just want to make one thing perfectly clear, and i hope you all agree with me, it is not even worth a post to ask "who is better, Dwade or KB?" Thats honestly a waste of a frigen thread, i dont care if he is in his second season, he is not, and will not, ever be anything close to Kobe, im sorry to say this. I bet all the haters are going to be on my back like crazy in the NBA general board, but what do you gods among basketball fans (aka laker fans) think about this.
Wade better than Kobe right now? No, not in my books. But the fact you say he'll never be anything close to Kobe? Hes already close. I dont think you need to worry about the haters, if I were you, I'd worry about how much Kobe coolaid you've been drinking, its starting to effect your thinking.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
R-Star said:
Wade better than Kobe right now? No, not in my books. But the fact you say he'll never be anything close to Kobe? Hes already close. I dont think you need to worry about the haters, if I were you, I'd worry about how much Kobe coolaid you've been drinking, its starting to effect your thinking.
Give me a break R-Star! Give me a freaking break! You know damn well Kool-Aid is spelled with a "k" and not a "c". Get it together Canuck. :wink:

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Travis76 said:
Come on Travis. I know you love the Lakers but you've got to have some objectivity here. Wade is an excellent player and I believe he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe Bryant, even if he's not quite as good. If you look at him statistically, his stats compare favorably to Kobe's when he played with Shaq. He scores in the mid 20s, shoots a high %, gets rebounds, gets assists, and plays defense. That's exactly what Kobe did when he played with Shaq, albeit he did some things better than Dwyane does. Still, you've got to appreciate the kid's talent. He's explosive, he's aggressive, he's mature, he's competitive, and he has a great work ethic. He's alot like Kobe, actually. To say that he won't ever reach Kobe's level as a player is just wrong. For starters, he's already very close to being on his level right now. Considering the strides he made from year 1 to year 2, I wouldn't rule out him ever being as good as Kobe. I'm not saying that he will be as good as Kobe, I'm just saying that it's not as preposterous as you make it sound.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Kobe when compared to any of the young wing players has to be compared using his long resume of great play and clutch shots. Its why Kobe is better than Wade, Lebron, Tmac and others. He has a long record of making clutch plays at the biggest moments and having big games at the biggest times.

Wade is a spectacular player. He's headed to greatness. Better than Kobe right now NO.

Winning, titles, stats clutch plays are the criteria to determine who's better.

Raw Talent wise they're close. Wade is probably alittle more athletic at this point, Kobe a better shooter from outside, Wade the better distributor, Kobe the better defender, Kobe the better 1on1 player, Kobe more clutch, equal as teammates.

Wade is more popular with Fans , Kobe is overexposed by media attention, fans are tired of Kobe, Wade is fresh and new. Give it time fans will tire of Wade and Lebron like they did of Kobe. If the Lakers reload Kobe will rehab his image and excite fans again.

Nothing bad or good last forever. It runs its course.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Pinball said:
If you look at him statistically, his stats compare favorably to Kobe's when he played with Shaq. He scores in the mid 20s, shoots a high %, gets rebounds, gets assists, and plays defense. That's exactly what Kobe did when he played with Shaq, albeit he did some things better than Dwyane does.
Wasn't he also able to get to the playoffs as a rookie...without Shaq?

·
Registered
490 Posts
ClayVTrainum said:
People like to think present and not past. For instance LeBron James is not the best second year player ever. I have two words for you: Oscar Robertson. I have another two words: Triple Double.

The Big O was probably one of the most well-rounded players ever in the League, and to think that his first five years also average out to a triple double is even more equally amazing. Everyone goes ga-ga over JKidd and LeBron when they make a triple double, but Magic did it on a more regular basis than either of them, and even he is not even close to Oscar in the Triple Double category.

The Big O was an amazing player.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Wade is a great clutch player as well. I don't see any reason why he can't be a better player than Kobe in the future. IMO, hes more explosive than Kobe is, he has this extra gear that Kobe doesn't seem to have. I read your other thread in the main board too, and that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wade too short to make an impact...? Hes 6'4, about an inch undersized, thats about it. Apparently, his height hasn't exactly held him back so far considering that he does just fine finishing inside and getting his jumpshot off. Hes not a bad shooter either, actually, Wades midrange game is very good, he knows the limits on his range, something that Kobe still hasn't figured out yet.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Drewbs said:
Wade is a great clutch player as well. I don't see any reason why he can't be a better player than Kobe in the future. IMO, hes more explosive than Kobe is, he has this extra gear that Kobe doesn't seem to have. I read your other thread in the main board too, and that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wade too short to make an impact...? Hes 6'4, about an inch undersized, thats about it. Apparently, his height hasn't exactly held him back so far considering that he does just fine finishing inside and getting his jumpshot off. Hes not a bad shooter either, actually, Wades midrange game is very good, he knows the limits on his range, something that Kobe still hasn't figured out yet.
Extra Gear Kobe doesn't have how what gear is that Kobe averages 28 a game. And Wade has a gear he doesn't have Yeah okay.

Knows the limit onnhis range isn't that a rosy way of saying he doesn't have 3pt range. His mid range game is very suspect. His main strength is penetrating. Because he has no choice. He's not a good shooter.

Kobe hasn't figured out his range. Kobe has a 3pt stroke he has a mid range game and he can get to the whole. If he played with any teammate that could remotely clear the lane while consistently hitting the deep ball or have a big that the defense stuck to then he would easily shoot a higher %.

Wade minus Shaq is a 16 ppg scorer.With Shaq 23.

Kobe is 28 or so with or without Shaq.

Whats funny in this debate is the hypocrits that always said it was because of Shaq that Kobe played so well but don't say it for Wade.

Incredible.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
jazzy1 said:
Extra Gear Kobe doesn't have how what gear is that Kobe averages 28 a game. And Wade has a gear he doesn't have Yeah okay.

Knows the limit onnhis range isn't that a rosy way of saying he doesn't have 3pt range. His mid range game is very suspect. His main strength is penetrating. Because he has no choice. He's not a good shooter.

Kobe hasn't figured out his range. Kobe has a 3pt stroke he has a mid range game and he can get to the whole. If he played with any teammate that could remotely clear the lane while consistently hitting the deep ball or have a big that the defense stuck to then he would easily shoot a higher %.

Wade minus Shaq is a 16 ppg scorer.With Shaq 23.

Kobe is 28 or so with or without Shaq.

Whats funny in this debate is the hypocrits that always said it was because of Shaq that Kobe played so well but don't say it for Wade.

Incredible.
What extra gear does Wade have? Kobe does not have the pure explosiveness of Wade, if you think that in the halfcourt, Kobe has the same type of quickness, you must be blind. Don't look at their numbers. Kobe's 28 points do not mean that he has that type of explosiveness, he cannot simply blow by a defender in the same fashion that Wade does. I'm not saying that he isn't effective, because he gets to the basket just as well, but mainly because he is a much better ballhandler.

Wade isn't a great 3 pt shooter, so he doesn't shoot 3s, because he has limited range, if your not a good long range shooter, don't bomb 3s. Thats not a rosy coverup for anything. Kobe isn't exactly a great long range shooter either. Or let me rephrase that, Kobe can hit the 3, but not well enough to shoot 6-7 of them per game, especially when about 5 of them are usually off balance and heavily defended. He is a much better mid range shooter than Wade, but how often does Kobe actually even go to his mid range game nowadays? Wades shooting from midrange is underrated, people love to say that he can't shoot which is not true. Hes not great by any stretch, but hes not terrible. Hes better from midrange than Kobe is from 3 at least.

Wade is not a 16 pt scorer without Shaq. If your basing this off last year, you obviously never watched the Heat much, because Wade wasn't their #1 option, Odom had the ball almost all the time, and he and Jones carried a lot of hte scoring load. But when the playoffs came, surely you watched when they went to him more, and as a result, he was a near unstoppable scorer.

Wade isn't better than Kobe, but to say that Wade will never be at that same level is just dumb as the original poster said. Most of the things that Kobe is better at now comes with experience. I like Kobe and I like the Lakers, hell, I don't even like Wade that much, but hate threads like this contribute nothing to a posters legitimacy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
RG said:
Wasn't he also able to get to the playoffs as a rookie...without Shaq?
wade is an excellent player and if you look at the stats at the moment, yes there not much between them. however, will wades stats hold up for the next 5,6 years or more? being a great player is not about putting up great numbers in one or two seasones, is about repeating that year in, year out. kobe has done it for 9 years, given the first 2 he was on the bench waiting his turn.

in 9 years, if wade is putting up kobe-like numbers or better and has three rings or better, i'll call them equals. having said that, as shaq wont last that long, i dont think wade is going to get three rings

·
Registered
354 Posts
Drewbs said:
Wade isn't a great 3 pt shooter, so he doesn't shoot 3s, because he has limited range, if your not a good long range shooter, don't bomb 3s. Thats not a rosy coverup for anything. Kobe isn't exactly a great long range shooter either. Or let me rephrase that, Kobe can hit the 3, but not well enough to shoot 6-7 of them per game, especially when about 5 of them are usually off balance and heavily defended. He is a much better mid range shooter than Wade, but how often does Kobe actually even go to his mid range game nowadays? Wades shooting from midrange is underrated, people love to say that he can't shoot which is not true. Hes not great by any stretch, but hes not terrible. Hes better from midrange than Kobe is from 3 at least.
who shares the record with D marshall? :cheers:

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
ii9ce said:
who shares the record with D marshall? :cheers:
Doesn't matter. Kobe isn't a BAD 3 pt shooter, but he isn't good enough to be taking those wild shots from 3 feet behind the line 6-7 times a game. Hes too on and off, any shooter can get hot and score a lot from outside, consistency is the key.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts