Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago radio is reporting that Donyell Marshall will sign a contract with the Bulls today. Maybe Utah got a slightly (but not significantly) better player by signing Harpring, but Holy Moses (Malone) Chicago sure needs another veteran with a solid, established record and good work habits. Getting Marshall in Chicago isn't blockbuster stuff, but IMHO it sure is one more encouraging sign for next year.:yes: :D

Any thoughts on this, sports fans?

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to hear from a Jazz fan about this. For some reason, you guys weren't so hot for Donyell. I'm psyched that he's coming to Chicago. What do you know about him that we don't? Or is it that after the 4 years we've endured, he looks better than he really is? What's the scoop?

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
for the jazz it wasn't about who was the better player(because if it were the jazz could have had Harpring a while ago.

it was about money

the jazz offered Marshall 27 mil. over 4 years if they truly thought harpring was the better player why make an offer toMarshall at all, harpring was cheaper(18.5 mil for 4 years) and younger

but they know as we all do (at last i hope we all do ) that Marshall is the superior player which is why they tried to sign him instead but marshall overestimated his worth and the jazz went in a less expensive diection

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
If your excited about him coming then the bulls are worst off then I thought. Im not saying hes a bad player But hes not the ONE to turn a Franchise around. I think Her would make an excellent 3-4 back up man on most squads and even starting agaisnt some of the quicker 3/4s in the league.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dragnsmke1</b>!
If your excited about him coming then the bulls are worst off then I thought. Im not saying hes a bad player But hes not the ONE to turn a Franchise around. I think Her would make an excellent 3-4 back up man on most squads and even starting agaisnt some of the quicker 3/4s in the league.
It's not OK to get excited about your team getting a great back-up??? Why are Kings fans so excited about Keon Clark???

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes, I'm excited about getting Donyell on the Bulls. I am also excited that he will be starting. The Bulls have existed for several years with few quality veterans. Last year, we gained Jalen Rose, one of the Michigan Five Freshmen who DIDN'T blow the NCAA tournament by calling a non-existent time out.:rolleyes: Uh...not that I would exactly MIND a shot at getting CWebb...

Getting Rose made me REALLY happy. This year, Marshall is a nice pick up for us while our younger guys continue to develop. Is he the next Michael Jordan? No. Is he going to singlehandedly turn around the franchise? No. Does he make the Bulls better? Yes, by a long shot. Is he a quality person and potentially a good teacher and role model for the Kiddies? I think so. Is he potentially a PART of the formula for turning around the franchise -- along with JWill, EC, TC, Rose and maybe JCraw? I sure hope so. There is reason for Bulls fans to be happy with this signing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts