Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my say is yes he is... but one big reason is because he is in the east. Neverthe less he is posting career numbers. 17ppg, 10+rpg and close to 2 bpg... What other forward in the east can compete with these numbers (leaving out leading vote getters Vince Carter, Joneal and Artest will be an obvious reserve) there aren't any east forwards that post better stats then him. and his stats are improving as he gets more comfortable with the raptor offence. Kenyon is averaging the same in ppg, but less in rpg, bpg, and shooting percentage from all three ranges, fg, 3 pointers and from the charity stripe. Jeffersons stats aren't even close. Boozer isn't close either. although he is beating marshall by half a board a game.

So do you think Marsh will get his first all-star appearance this year? It is up to the coaches (the way it should be, even for the starters) Monstermash wont be back in time for the allstar game... so i think our Raptors pf is looking pretty good as of right now

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
the player's votes will go along as VC and O'Neal as the East's forwards, so Marshall's ASG appearance relies on the hands of the PA.

however, my look on the forwards who deserve it more than Marshall:
Martin
Artest
that's all i could think of at the moment.

i would say Boozer, but they're pretty tight, with me siding more on Donyell.
Shareef? maybe.
Odom? meh.
Van Horn? :laugh:
now i'm at a lost for words

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Marsh has slowed down over the last few weeks. I think that might affect his chances. Here is my take on the All Star Teams:

E
Iverson/B-Diddy/Kidd
McGrady/Pierce/James
Carter/Artest
O'Neal/Martin
Wallace/Magloire

W
Payton/Nash
Bryant/Francis
Garnett/Peja/Anthony
Duncan/Nowitzki
O'Neal/Ming/Miller

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it hard to put Martin on teh list... Marshalls stats are better and he means as much to the Raptors as Martin does to the nets...

It will be close and i think it will come down to the wire with these two in teh top running.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good lists by speedythief

i only wish i Allen was on that list instead of Francis... but then again Allen hasn't played that much this season....when i first say james and anthony on those lists i laughed but when i looked at there stats and other players that could be on the lists... i really couldn;t think of other players that deserve to be on those lists.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
did anybody read chad fords article on insider...he breaks down the east fowards very well

he says odom is there. He says after moving to power foward with him averaging 18.5 points, over 10 boards and 4 assists, he should make it

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i don't really like to use stats solely to base a player's performance. i like to see what they have done for their team first, before looking at the stats.

and i think Martin is very valuable to the Nets. i remember while Kidd was out, Martin led the team to a winning percentage during kidd's absence.

and i would vote in Odom too, but Martin and O'Neal seem to take the cake when it comes to the pf position.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my mind i don't think that Martin is that great of a talent... he is the equal of average players that can jump and dunk... he is lucky to be on Jason Kidds team.. or else he wouldn't be as big of a name... because Kidd brings out teh best in players

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!
i don't really like to use stats solely to base a player's performance. i like to see what they have done for their team first, before looking at the stats.

and i think Martin is very valuable to the Nets. i remember while Kidd was out, Martin led the team to a winning percentage during kidd's absence.

and i would vote in Odom too, but Martin and O'Neal seem to take the cake when it comes to the pf position.
he said odom since doin that, that his team is 10-10..which is great for a east team...if anybody has insider i would read it...its actaully a good article by ford

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i forgot about odem...i think he could be an all-star also...i just think Martin benefits from Kidd... odem and Marshall don't have a Jason Kidd on there team...just my opinion though

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but Martin averaged 20/10 during kidd's absence

and IMO, Wade more important to the Heat than Odom. i'm not saying Odom's a bad player or he doesn't deserve an ASG spot.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I would have said yes definetly to Donyell making the all-star team when he was on fire, but after his first 7-9 games of a raptor he has been in a major slump,and has slowed down big time. Donyell just needs to be consistent and play like he did when he first became a raptor, and he should be an all-star for sure.

Though it's easier to make the Eastern squad if your a forward then it is if your in the West, the East does have some good competition.

The locks right now for the starting Eastern forwards are V.Carter and J.O'Neal. Lamar has been playing like the multi-talented player he is, and more importantly he is leading his teams to some victory, as they look to grab the 8th spot in the East. Artest has just been playing unbelievably well this year, IMO deserves DPOY, and is arguably the best player on the best team(best record) in the league. And theres guys like Shareef and Kenyon who may get a spot on the roster before Donyell will.

Well if theres going to be 5 forwards selected from the East, Donyell has a good chance of grabbing a bench spot, if theres only 4 selected, he really has to pick it up and play like he did when he first played with the Raps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would say that Donyell Marshall is an amazing player, but not an All-Star yet. Marshall has been averaging sweet stats since coming over to Toronto, but before then he wasn't doing anything in Chicago.

16 games with Chicago: 8.7 PPG, 6.2 Rebounds, 1.3 Blocks.
19 games with Toronto: 16.9 PPG, 10.2 Rebounds, 1.8 Blocks.
Average 2003/2004: 13.1 PPG, 8.3 Rebounds, 1.6 Blocks.

Yes he has blossomed into an amazing player in Toronto due to his playing time increasing, but looking at his whole season so far, he doesn't have the All-Star numbers. If he had been putting up those numbers consistantly all year long, then yes I would put him up there with the elites.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
I said this in another thread but what about Yell for the 3-point shootout?
He should get an invite to that. Good idea! He is shooting the lights out from downtown this year, and at one point was ahead of Peja in 3PP.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

He should get an invite to that. Good idea! He is shooting the lights out from downtown this year, and at one point was ahead of Peja in 3PP.
Not only that, he's an excellent set shooter, and that's what the competition is all about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts