Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Shawn Marion=8 - ok no suprise there
1. Timmy Duncan=8 - would be shocked if he wasnt up there

and who else is up there tied with these elite all-stars? How about...

1.Chris Bosh=8 -this guy is the lone bright spot on a very young raptor team and he just picked up his 8th double double in a victory over the heat by 13! no you did not misread, the raptors beat the heat by double digits!

What do you guys think of these guys. Could we be looking at an MVP-canidate 3-4 years down the road?

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's averaging 20.2 points/ 11.5 rebounds on the season, and I do think he has MVP potential in the future. I might be bias though, but you can never tell ;)

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think he will get any consideration down the road if he's still on a team with a pitiful record like the raptors, but if he keeps those numbers on a playoff bound team, i'm sure he'll get some kind of hype.

·
Registered
568 Posts
moss_is_1 said:
yea hes going to be very good down the line a 20/10/3 type of guy. suprising first win for the raps
He's already posting 20/10 ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
shookem said:
CB4 will be this season's Amare. He won't be scoring 50+ point games or anything, but he will be THE young PF/C to emerge as a star this year.
To achieve to that, he needs to be on a winning team. Not to mention, Amare had Steve Nash with those nice passes. Who is going to pass it to Bosh? James the hog or Rose the bigger hog?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mr. Bold said:
Who is going to pass it to Bosh? James the hog or Rose the bigger hog?
hopefully calderon, who has a very high number of assists and a great ***/turnover ratio. would be better if he would start though...

edit: *a s s* as in assists....... . .

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Mr. Bold said:
To achieve to that, he needs to be on a winning team. Not to mention, Amare had Steve Nash with those nice passes. Who is going to pass it to Bosh? James the hog or Rose the bigger hog?
yeah man, wow! you figured it out! Bosh cannot be the exact same thing as Amare..... :stupid:
but like i said, he can be the young PF/C to emerge as a star this year...

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
chris bosh is not the only bright spot on the team, have you heard of charlie villanueva? or jose calderon?

mike james is sharing the ball & scoring at will out there.

bosh is a future (if not this season) all-star & would get MVP consideration.. if the raptors get anything to show for it.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Bosh looks a lot better, i was indifferent about how much potential he had, but he's really looking nice.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
bosh is a future (if not this season) all-star
Bosh isn't an All-Star this year.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
shookem said:
Sure, why would a 20+/10+, league leader in double-doubles be an all-star, lol.
because his team is 1-9....if elton brand repeatedly gets snubbed from the all-star game year after year cuz of a mediocre record, then why shouldnt bosh this year?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Chris Bosh #4 said:
He's averaging 20.2 points/ 11.5 rebounds on the season, and I do think he has MVP potential in the future. I might be bias though, but you can never tell ;)
You really think you might be biased?

·
Registered
259 Posts
clips_r_teh_wieners said:
because his team is 1-9....if elton brand repeatedly gets snubbed from the all-star game year after year cuz of a mediocre record, then why shouldnt bosh this year?
Because the west in the past was full of PF who averaged a 20/10, you can't say that about the east right now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
But thats diffrent with Brand being in the West with so many great power forwards there it is easy to snub one particular guy, whhile BOSH is in the East were i only see one PF being better than he is and thats O'Neil and maybe webber but ya i say he is for sure an all star this year.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
For one, Bosh won't get voted in as a forward. Those spots are reserved for guys as popular as a Lebron James. And I don't think he will get voted in by the coaches. And there's some good forwards in the East - Pierce has been selected each of the last four years, Jefferson is currently 20/10/4, Artest 21/6/3 with terrific D, Jemaine O'Neal (22/10 and a better defender), Chris Webber is 21/10 right now on a better team, hell Antawn Jamison is 20/10 right now on a good team, Dwight Howard is 16/13 and a superior defender... if Carter is listed as a forward then the two starting F spots are gone... Just because Bosh is 20/10 doesn't reserve him a spot, especially when you consider that he's not the only forward in the East putting up 20/10 and he's on a worse team.

Now, I was a little rash in saying that he definitively won't be an All-Star this year. I just don't see him making it over guys like Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, and Paul Pierce. He's better than Webber, Jamison, and I'd take him over Richard Jefferson because bigs are harder to come by, and him and Dwight Howard are very, very close, with Bosh having the edge in scoring but Howard in boards and defense.

It's going to be extremely tough for him to get a spot in the ASG if Carter is listed as a guard and practically impossible if Carter is listed as a forward. You all act like Bosh is the only guy in the conference putting up 20/10 and that makes him a lock. Somebody even laughed at me for insinuating that Bosh mightn't make the ASG and cited his 20/10 numbers. Well, there's other guys doing it, and doing it on better teams.

Bosh is a great player. Don't get me wrong. Future All-Star for certain. But I don't see it this year.

whhile BOSH is in the East were i only see one PF being better than he is and thats O'Neil and maybe webber but ya i say he is for sure an all star this year.
Right, but they aren't listed into PF's, just forwards, so if you're thinking that two PF's are possibly better, you have some SF's who are definitely better (Pierce, Artest)...it's not unattainable, but it's going to be very tough.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
McGrady made the all-star game the year his team was 1-19.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts