Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
futuristxen said:
I guess he'll be able to spend more time with his wife.

...why am I picturing scenes from Stephen King's Misery?
maybe 14 years in the league wasnt too much, but too little LOL

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

It isn't sad. This is a guy who whined and cried about how the Orlando organization treated him when he was traded and complained about how the organization played up his injuries ... well look at him now, those very injuries are forcing him to retire. But I wouldn't expect much more from the single most whipped man on the planet.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
JNice said:

It isn't sad. This is a guy who whined and cried about how the Orlando organization treated him when he was traded and complained about how the organization played up his injuries ... well look at him now, those very injuries are forcing him to retire. But I wouldn't expect much more from the single most whipped man on the planet.
:clap: agreed.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Sad news?

Why?
Because regardless of his attitude he is still a human being and therefore worthy of some level of pity when his livelihood is taken away from him prematurely. Sure he wasn't the most standup character on the planet, but there still had to be a part of him that loved the game and being around it professionally.

Anytime that something like that is taken away from a man it is sad news.

-Chris.

Reactions: Mavericks_Fan

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
ChrisWoj said:
Because regardless of his attitude he is still a human being and therefore worthy of some level of pity when his livelihood is taken away from him prematurely. Sure he wasn't the most standup character on the planet, but there still had to be a part of him that loved the game and being around it professionally.

Anytime that something like that is taken away from a man it is sad news.

-Chris.
Pff!

No love for the chocker, here.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Sad that it had to end this way, because injuries always suck no matter what sport you play.

That said, he will not be missed in the least. He's one of my least favorite players of all time, in fact one of maybe two or three players that I suppose you could say I "hated" ever since I started watching basketball in the late 80's.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
DemonaL said:
sad news, due to his injury hes forced to retire....
I've heard his wife called a lot of things before, but never "injury"...

;)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I am a Christie fan and so sorry that this happened to him so early. He wasn't the same after the Maloofs got rid of Chris Webber and dismantled the Kings.

Hopefully, and I'm sure he did, he invested well and planned for his future given his profession. Not, to forget his strong-willed wife. So, I'm sure financially they will be OK.

Doug attended Pepperdine so he should be able to pursue any other professional interest he may have.

I'll never forget and always APPRECIATE when he upper-cupped (kicked butt) of Rick Foxx of the arrogant Lakers. Ended Rick's career because he was supposed to be the tough-guy, the enforcer of the Lakers and he was forced to run behind the seats, sneak upon Doug and sucker punch him. Yeah, some enforcer. It wasn't long after that Rick was benched and let go. GOOD JOB DOUG.

I wish Doug well, but I'm not worried about him. Thanks for the memories.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
I'll never forget and always APPRECIATE when he upper-cupped (kicked butt) of Rick Foxx of the arrogant Lakers.

I don't like Christie and never did, but that moment even I can appreciate.

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
JNice said:
I don't like Christie and never did, but that moment even I can appreciate.

:laugh: Bring it on Fox!! :banana: That was so funny to me how Fox called his self ducking off in the tunnel and still proceeded to get his butt whipped. Everytime I think about it I crack up!

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Christie's been garbage ever since the Kings rolled over and died against the Lakers. I could watch him whip Rick Fox all day, but with all the wife exploits, the only opinion I really have is that he's an embarrassment to all men and anything that keeps him off national television, I'm fine with.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Christie isn't 25, people...it isn't really sad. He got to play well past his prime and accomplished everything he could've hoped for save riding Tim Duncan's coattail for a ring.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Why? Why? ...

WHY are you all so focused on HIS relationship with his WIFE? It's not your relationship (if you even have one), and their relationship had nothing to do with his successes on the court.

I remember Doug when he first came into the league as a Laker. He was wild, trying to do too much and they didn't really know what position was best for him. He continued to work on his game, became a defensive force that could also shoot when necessary. To me, he had a great career as a professional baller and I won't forget him.

At the very least ... his wife didn't have to worry about him running out and raping a child (or even being accused of doing so). Maybe some should have the same smothering. (I'll bet, Doug's wife's action woke up a lot of wives after that raping incident. You certaining see a lot more wives, and even a lot more players marrying since.)

Sounds a lot like people criticizing Clinton for his personal business with his wife, and ultimately getting Bush. Which is worse ... a lying President that has us where are are today, or one that cheats on his WIFE, which doesn't affect you at all.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
DemonaL said:
no athlete wants to retire with injury... i know i would kill myself...
and not enjoy the millions upon millions of dollars earned over the years?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts