Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
god f'n dam it worse nightmare for Syracuse fans has come. The guy turn Syracuse into a decent program again and he bolts...Son of a bitch

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I think the Bills should have really pushed for a stronger candidate, though I admittedly don't know much about Marrone, my logic is that a well established coach brings with him accountability. Dragging up a college coach from a mediocre school seems the front office giving themselves a built in excuse and an "opt out" option after a year or two if the dude doesn't lead the team to the playoffs.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I think the Bills should have really pushed for a stronger candidate, though I admittedly don't know much about Marrone, my logic is that a well established coach brings with him accountability. Dragging up a college coach from a mediocre school seems the front office giving themselves a built in excuse and an "opt out" option after a year or two if the dude doesn't lead the team to the playoffs.
I agree. I honestly thought that Lovie Smith would have been the best guy for the job.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
^ This

I know their defense was shit this past season, but it has the potential to be great. I feel like Lovie could have helped them make the transition.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
I'm not sure I see the logic in that statement. No head coach in NFL history was ever established until he actually became one for the first time.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I'm not sure I see the logic in that statement. No head coach in NFL history was ever established until he actually became one for the first time.
Doug Marrone also has a pretty good track record in the NFL

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Good luck gettin te respect of that locker room

1 - 9 of 9 Posts