Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Doyel coach scoop (Siena)

2K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  SaintlySaint 
I’ll be very surprised if Fran goes anywhere. Siena is redoing his contract. Look for Fran to get a new long term deal, Fran is in line for a very healthy raise. Contract will be done sometime in next two weeks, if not sooner

Raver you obviously don't have a clue, so let me fill you in. Dunphy is the highest paid coach in the Ivy league at 325K.. and the only reason Dunphy’s getting that much is LaSalle bid him up last year plus he’s been at Penn what 8 years. A new coach at Penn would be lucky to get 225K.. I wonder why ryder coaches never get mentioned for job openings? Oh yea you actually have to win, who would want Dempsey or Harnum ? Will be interesting to see what Rider’s commitment to D1 hoops is, if they let a loser like Dempsey continue coaching at Ryder. If they do that will say volumes for Ryder’s lack of commitment to the hoops program

I've heard he made 140K last season, Fran and his attorney have already met with Siena, they have basically agreed in principle on a new deal... While I don’t think he will be getting Ruland type money Fran will get in a heathly raise

What are you drinking this afternoon raver? Stop talking stupid. Who said triple his salary? I said a healthy raise, never said triple, heck Siena won’t even double his money. But he will be the 3rd highest paid coach in the MAAC after his extension. But they will pay more than a 1st year coach at Penn will get.

So raver what’s your take on Ryder and Dempsey? Does he come back or does Ryder go back to mediocre Harnum?

RiderRaver said:
That statistic seems to bother you quite a bit. Is it because you are afraid to admit that Rider has been successful?
Only raver could claim Ryder is successful coming off a 8-20 season and yet another first round exit in the MAAC tournament. Next season doesn’t look any better. And as Sienafan already pointed out the statistic is not only stupid it is no longer correct

RiderRaver said:
Dude, you need to relax. I said my statistic was incorrect and later corrected myself yet you continue to go nuts about it.

No you need to relax raver and stop quoting incorrect and misleading stats. Ryder is coming off a last place finish and next year doesn’t look much better for the donks

RiderRaver said:
Considering they had the best recruiting class in MAAC history and have a Top 300 recruit coming in and return an underclassman who is a lock for Preseason All-MAAC first team, I'd say you haven't stopped hitting the sauce. The future couldn't be more bright.

Thanks for the laugh.. gotta be the most inane post in the history of this board. Enjoy your season next year with your best recruiting class in MAAC history.. hahahahahahahahah Soup you should pin that post on top of the board so everyone can get a good laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.