Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I've posted here, so I don't know if this has been brought up or not.

The ROY race is close between Okafor and Gordon.. MVP has several strong candidates...

But who is going to be the Defensive Player of the Year?
-Artest is out all season
-Kirilenko has barely played
-Ben Wallace has posted his worst defensive stats of the past four years

So who does that leave?

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
bruce bowen no reason why he shouldnt be

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Duncan has been hurt a lot so I don't think it would be him. If it's not Ben Wallace my vote go to AK47.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
it still gotta be my boy ron artest. He doesn't just piss off offensive players every trip down the floor, he angers entire arenas bad enough to cause riots.
Name me another defensive stopper like that, i dare ya

·
Registered
719 Posts
kamego said:
Duncan has been hurt a lot so I don't think it would be him. If it's not Ben Wallace my vote go to AK47.

i don't get it if Duncan is hurt and you don't think he should get it, why in the world would you say AK47 would get it if Ben doesn't? AK47 been hurt more then Duncan.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
i don't get it if Duncan is hurt and you don't think he should get it, why in the world would you say AK47 would get it if Ben doesn't? AK47 been hurt more then Duncan.
Exactly. I didn't get that logic.

I think the award is probably going to either Ben or Tim. If the voters weren't so fixated with name value, guys like Bowen and Hughes would get serious chances. But it's almost like you need the offensive game, which brings notoriety, which gets the voter's notice when you play on the perimeter. It's so hard for a player to win on the perimeter.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Not exactly an endorsement for DPY, but here are George Karl's thoughts on Marcus Camby.

Karl, on Camby: "I think Marcus is first-team all-defensive this year. I mean, I've only had him for 30 games or so, but there's no big guys in the league that play the middle like he does." Camby entered Thursday ranked second in the NBA with 2.89 blocks per game and eighth with 7.9 defensive rebounds per game.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Tooeasy said:
it still gotta be my boy ron artest. He doesn't just piss off offensive players every trip down the floor, he angers entire arenas bad enough to cause riots.
Name me another defensive stopper like that, i dare ya

He's played 7 games.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Tim Duncan missing all the game towards the end of the season will hurt his chances. I actually like Camby's defensive presence this season. He's been instrumental in helping the Nuggets pull off the run to finish the season so strong. I say he should get it.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My vote goes to Marcus Camby. He changes more shots in the lane than anyone I've ever seen, and he's up there when it comes to weakside help. Very good on the ball defense. Most people ignore this, and judge big men by blocks per game, most of which come off the ball, which is still important, but he really is a good man to man defender in the post, and he's surprisingly good defending on the perimeter when he does get drawn out there occassionally.

Reactions: Pan Mengtu
1 - 20 of 24 Posts