Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the Clippers have 3 class of '99 draftees, I wonder how effective Andre Miller will be. Even though he led the NBA in assists, he did not prove to be a "valuable" player, like Jason Kidd, whose stats are nearly identical to Miller's. I think Jay Williams may end up like Miller, minus the rebounds.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Jay is a different type of pg. Dre is and old-school distributor, while Jays a dynamic, Tim Hardaway-type scorer who happens to be a capable if not spectacular passer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: Miller isn't valuable???

Originally posted by bharper2k
He just lead the NBA in assists on a team where he was the only consistent scoring option.

I think what TT, ment was that Miller, and Kidd's stats were the same , but Kidd improved his team so much, that they got to the Finals, and Miller and the Cavs barely won only like 30 games(i think?)...I disagree a little, i dont think (J)ason Kidd improved the Nets by himself, they got a healthy Kittles, a solid rookie in Jefferson, solid rookie in Collins, and a much improved K-Mart, while i do believe Kidd is better than Marbury right now, i still think the Suns got the better of the trade, for the future. They essentially got Amare Stoudamire and Marbury for Kidd, who was prob gonna leave there anyway, and the nets may not keep kidd, so they may have traded Marbury, and Amare for whoever they took with the 26 pick (kristic?)

·
Registered
337 Posts
i worded it wrong, i ment the suns traded for amare, not necesarily from the nets directly, but by taking marbury, they essentially made their team worse, and thus traded kidd for marbury, and a higher draft pick...my main point is that the suns will reap a lot of benefits, while the nets watch kidd leave after this year (i think?, or whenever he becomes a free agent)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts