Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the new one two much, but I love the first one with just Vince. That alley-opp windmill at the end is off the hook.

If you've seen it, what do you think??

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Kinda goofy, if you ask me.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember those '70s days. :( They pretty much caught the flavor of the times.

I was a teenager growing up in the '70s, and I have to tell you it was the most brainless decade I've ever lived through...I guess this was the country's way of celebrating the end of the Vietnam era...I don't know. But it was much more brainless, stupid, and vapid compared to the '60s, '80s and '90s.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goofy, but I like the "Dr. Funk", marketing scheme for Vince. The dunk he does at the end of the commercial he actually pulled off in a game at the Rucker, so I guess it shows alittle bit of old school flavor, with allitle bit of the new.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Well uh, glory be, the funks on me now! That commercial is the stuff!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Ron said:
Kinda goofy, if you ask me.

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember those '70s days. :( They pretty much caught the flavor of the times.

I was a teenager growing up in the '70s, and I have to tell you it was the most brainless decade I've ever lived through...I guess this was the country's way of celebrating the end of the Vietnam era...I don't know. But it was much more brainless, stupid, and vapid compared to the '60s, '80s and '90s.
holy **** how old are you??

·
7,624 Posts
lol Ron's only 41.

·
7,624 Posts
lol gee it isn't old at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me, whether a commercial is good or not partly depends on whether I can remember after what the commercial was for. I watch those commercials and within seconds I cannot remember what they're for.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That commercial is great, I've always been a fan of Bootsy Collins ever since my older brother and his freinds use to go play up in the caged bball court, and people use to joke around and play Bootsy while they played. Sometimes i'll "break out Dr Funk" while playing basketball as a joke, yet I always seem to get better when the funks out. Hmmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts