Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Yao Mania said:
- Keep reminding yourself that people want to talk to you as much as you want to talk to them. Make yourself interesting, stick with topics that you have a good knowledge of, and don't be afraid to walk away from conversations first. Many people make the mistake of trying to make the other people feel "comfortable" by agreeing with everything they say, when in fact that makes the conversation very boring.
:rotf:

I have this strong image of me going upto a chick and saying "Eh, what you think about the Daniels for Croshere swap? Dallas gets robbed"

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
How do you recommend I go from being great-friends with a chick to something more?

Theres this girl whom I chat to every night on MSN and we are really good friends..but I want something more than that..haha

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Tersk said:
How do you recommend I go from being great-friends with a chick to something more?

Theres this girl whom I chat to every night on MSN and we are really good friends..but I want something more than that..haha
See, when I was younger, I used to believe that being friends with a girl is the best way to get close to her... but its actually the exact opposite. When the girl (or guy for our female posters) becomes too comfortable being your "friend", it'll be very difficult for them to suddenly have that feeling for you as something more.

If you like someone, don't try to weave your way around it, get to the point. No, not by being an idiot and telling her straight out "I want you!", but treat her like she's more than just a friend. Things to do:
- talk about the topic of dating with her. Ask her about her past experiences, what she's looking for, how she likes to kiss, her romantic fantasies..... and feel free to tell your stories to her.
- call her up, and build that connection. With everyone talking on MSN nowadays, telephone conversations feel that much more special. When you can call her up and have a natural conversation with her for an hour or so, you know you've just made progress.
- ask her out, that's a must. If you think she's uncomfortable going out 1-on-1 with you, then go as a group. Don't think of it as a date, but just spending time and getting comfortable with each other.
- use body language!! give her a hug when you see her, rub her nose or put your arm around her shoulders after you tease her, grab her hand if you want to lead her somewhere... these little things will indicate your interest to her, and if she's comfortable with all these things, then you will know in return if she's interested as well.

It may feel awkward to you to suddenly start taking a new approach towards her, but hey, if you wanna go out with the girl, that's what you gotta do! Just remember, girls like guys to lead, not to wait.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts