4. Boozer
5. Prince
6. Gooden
7. Nene
8. Murray

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
1) Amare (Suns made out like a bandit getting him so low...)
2) Yao
3) Krstic
4) Prince (This guy is RJ's superior in defender, lite in offense)
5) Boozer (Attitude hurts)
6) Gooden (Attitude hurts)
7) Nene (Sorry cpawfan)

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
RJ owns Prince...it is a natural fact.
In direct matchups, Prince does much better verus other small fowards.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
In 2002, 2003 or 2004, Krstic would have been a top five pick if those drafts were held today.

Athletic, skilled 7'1" centers are just not that common.

The fact that Thorn picked Martin at 1, Jefferson at 13, Collins at 18 and Krstic at 24 obscures picking Samake at 36, Armstrong at 23, Slay at 54, and possibly Planinic at 22 or Drejer at 52.

I am still pissed about last year, when my pick for the Nets was Anderson Varejao...but I blame Ratner for that.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
NetIncome said:
I am still pissed about last year, when my pick for the Nets was Anderson Varejao...but I blame Ratner for that.
whew, what a fun front line for the future that would have been. Andersen and Nenad. They really do compliment each other perfectly too. Varejao looks to have the potential to be an off-the-charts rebounder and defensive player.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
NetIncome said:
In 2002, 2003 or 2004, Krstic would have been a top five pick if those drafts were held today.

Athletic, skilled 7'1" centers are just not that common.

The fact that Thorn picked Martin at 1, Jefferson at 13, Collins at 18 and Krstic at 24 obscures picking Samake at 36, Armstrong at 23, Slay at 54, and possibly Planinic at 22 or Drejer at 52.

Please, you are hurting me. Nenad a top 5 pick in 2003? you are dreaming, man. Lebron, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich, Ford (had he stayed healthy) and possibly Kaman, Darko, Sweetney and Pietrus (potential is the key word in all of them) would have been picked before Nenad if the draft

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
NetIncome said:
Please, you are hurting me. Nenad a top 5 pick in 2003? you are dreaming, man. Lebron, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich, Ford (had he stayed healthy) and possibly Kaman, Darko, Sweetney and Pietrus (potential is the key word in all of them) would have been picked before Nenad if the draft
Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, Krstic...

As NetIncome said, if the drafts were redone today with what we know... We know Ford is hurt, not included, know that Darko has not measured up, know that Sweetney is fat, slow, and has a bad work ethic...

Krstic himself has a bit of potential. His improvement month to month this season has been amazing.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
X-JAY said:
LeBron, Carmelo, Bosh, Wade would all definitely still go before Krstic. Hinrich is debatable. Ford is injured so I'm going to leave him out. Kaman, Darko, Sweetny, and Pietrus are both worse players than Krstic and have less potential than him. No way do I take any of those players over Krstic. The only one that even compares to Krstic in that list is Pietrus.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, Krstic...

As NetIncome said, if the drafts were redone today with what we know... We know Ford is hurt, not included, know that Darko has not measured up, know that Sweetney is fat, slow, and has a bad work ethic...

Krstic himself has a bit of potential. His improvement month to month this season has been amazing.

-Petey
Fine. I was wrong, Sweetney- no chance. Darko- Only if the team would gamble. Pietrus- he's a guard so his value is lower...
BUT Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Melo, Hinrich, Krstic. NO WAY Krstic is a top 5 TODAY.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Bosh? Krstic is 7'1"! Centers don't grow on trees. In 2002, just after the draft, Krstic and his teammates on the Serbia Global Games team flew to Ft. Worth where they went to the finals and lost to TEAM USA. The tournament Co-MVP's? Chris Bosh and Nenad Krstic.

And as someone else on the board noted, the only 7 footers in the last 7 years to average 10 ppg in their rookie season are named Yao and Gasol. Nenad needs to average 11.7 ppg to get to 10 ppg for the season.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
NetIncome said:
Bosh? Krstic is 7'1"! Centers don't grow on trees. In 2002, just after the draft, Krstic and his teammates on the Serbia Global Games team flew to Ft. Worth where they went to the finals and lost to TEAM USA. The tournament Co-MVP's? Chris Bosh and Nenad Krstic.

And as someone else on the board noted, the only 7 footers in the last 7 years to average 10 ppg in their rookie season are named Yao and Gasol. Nenad needs to average 11.7 ppg to get to 10 ppg for the season.

It was brought to the attention at NJ.com by AND1ABA that Ilguaskas is another 7ft rookie to do it.... 7 years ago.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
Fine. I was wrong, Sweetney- no chance. Darko- Only if the team would gamble. Pietrus- he's a guard so his value is lower...
He shots worse then Jason Kidd, and... he's no Jason Kidd.

Dude plays with Eddy Curry a .538 FG%er and he only has 6.6 assists? I'd take Krstic, but it's arguable.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
X-JAY said:
No way Hinrich goes before Krstic, knowing what we know now. Krstic is a 7-foot center who looks like he's going to be the kind of low post option teams build their offenses around. Hinrich would have to be JKidd to go before that. And Hinrich ain't JKidd.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
SeaNet said:
No way Hinrich goes before Krstic, knowing what we know now. Krstic is a 7-foot center who looks like he's going to be the kind of low post option teams build their offenses around. Hinrich would have to be JKidd to go before that. And Hinrich ain't JKidd.
Hinrich is one of the best guards in the NBA already. Maybe he has less upside than Krstic, but he makes every player around him better and he might worth a all-defensive team. A truly great defender and a good penetrator, Hinrich is a great player for a team to have. Krstic is great too, but I don't think that you can say YET that he worthes more than Hinrich does.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Hinrich is one of the best guards in the NBA already? Let me think of guards just off the top of my head who are better than him.... Kobe, RIP, Kidd, Carter, Wade, Arenas, Bibby, Hughes, Lebron, TMac, AI, Parker, Ginobili, RayRay, Cassell, Pierce, Eddie Jones, Nash, Q-Rich, Joe Johnson, Mobley, SJax, Maggette, hell, i like Gordon over Hinrich, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Brevin Knight..... the list goes on.....

Hinrich has nice potential, but he's no top guard in the NBA at this point.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
SeaNet said:
Hinrich is one of the best guards in the NBA already? Let me think of guards just off the top of my head who are better than him.... Kobe, RIP, Kidd, Carter, Wade, Arenas, Bibby, Hughes, Lebron, TMac, AI, Parker, Ginobili, RayRay, Cassell, Pierce, Eddie Jones, Nash, Q-Rich, Joe Johnson, Mobley, SJax, Maggette, hell, i like Gordon over Hinrich, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Brevin Knight..... the list goes on.....

Hinrich has nice potential, but he's no top guard in the NBA at this point.
Mobley?! Knight?! Howard?! Marquis?!?!? Jones?!?! Q-Rich?! SJax?!?!? honestly, how many times have you watched these players? no more than 1 or 2 times, right?
Edit: Wow, Maggette is a guard!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts