Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO..we get 2 guys that I don't want: Dunleavy, and Welsch. .At #16..the Warriors had a chance to get Qyntel Woods or Curtis Borchardt. Instead, we got some Euro named Welsch. And you guys already know how I feel about Dunleavy. But Logan is not a bad pick.

Here's a future situation that nobody knows about nor have newspapers reported it: after next year-the salaries of Sura and Mills will expire-opening roughly 15 million a year in cap space. Who's going to be a free agent then? Kidd, Dre Miller, Baron Davis, Tim Duncan. What team is going to be one of the teams able to afford them? Us.

The future looks bright, but the Warriors could be BETTER in the future had they taken Butler and Woods with the #3 and #16 picks. Butler and Woods both play the same position-whoever is better in 3 years we keep. I can't argue with the Logan pick though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
sounds good to me caffeine man. I didnt know that. Bring on B Davis! W's will dominate if that's the case. I think the W's did decent draft wise but we'll have to wait and see I guess. I was surprised butler fell so far.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Jason Caffeine
SO..we get 2 guys that I don't want: Dunleavy, and Welsch. .At #16..the Warriors had a chance to get Qyntel Woods or Curtis Borchardt. Instead, we got some Euro named Welsch. And you guys already know how I feel about Dunleavy. But Logan is not a bad pick.

Here's a future situation that nobody knows about nor have newspapers reported it: after next year-the salaries of Sura and Mills will expire-opening roughly 15 million a year in cap space. Who's going to be a free agent then? Kidd, Dre Miller, Baron Davis, Tim Duncan. What team is going to be one of the teams able to afford them? Us.

The future looks bright, but the Warriors could be BETTER in the future had they taken Butler and Woods with the #3 and #16 picks. Butler and Woods both play the same position-whoever is better in 3 years we keep. I can't argue with the Logan pick though.
They didn't have a choice of whether or not they wanted Welsch at #16. The Sixers had already selected Welsch. So the Warriors basically traded for his draft rights.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: Re: Draft Day aftermath and future

Originally posted by The X Factor

They didn't have a choice of whether or not they wanted Welsch at #16. The Sixers had already selected Welsch. So the Warriors basically traded for his draft rights.
Haha, no-one, not even the Warriors trade for the rights without wanting the guy

The Sixers picked him because we wanted them to. The deal was made beforehand but announced later

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
What's wrong with Welsch? I dunno, but a 6-6 point guard that can shoot and has a lot of professional experience doesn't sound like a bad trade to me. Am I missing something? Did they just give up too much? I think Welsch can be a very good player... the Dunleavy pick, I really don't like. But I think that Logan and Welsch are fine selections. They give you good depth at the guards, and Welsch should start over Arenas. Butler would have been a better pick than Dunleavy I think. But I'd like to have Welsch more than Woods. The guy failed two times in High School. He couldn't get close to an 800 on his SAT's. I just have a problem with investing a first rounder on somebody that is just that dumb. He's got upside, but Welsch is more likely to succeed in the NBA.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am sooo sick about everyone saying we should have taken Butler instead of Dunleavy. Dunleavy is bigger, a better shooter and 8 other teams passed him up as well. Not just the Warriors. Dunleavy was a better fit. All these Butler fans should start writin the 8 other teams telling them what a mistake they made. The W's made the right decision. I like Butler too but enough is enough already.:upset:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUTLER= next Paul Pierce...
Luke, you know why Kevin Garnett went to the nba? He couldn't get a 900 on his SAT's (NCAA requirement). Look at the player he became. I'd still rather have Woods.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
But Woods isn't near as polished as KG was when he entered the league. KG was 18, and Qyntel is 22.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by fury29
and 8 other teams passed him up as well. Not just the Warriors. .:upset:
Does that make you feel good?That 8 other teams look stupid with you.

For once your Gm is not the only duma ss.:devil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts