Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Draft Thread

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Fergus 
#1 ·
Here's the thread for the draft, including any pre-draft speculation.

#3 ·
K4E - if you're reading, in the unlikely event the Bulls do unload Butler tonight for picks/young guys and it looks like a full-on rebuild, are you on board for that approach?

I have a hard time seeing 80 year-old Jerry being cool with that, but maybe he has enough Bulls rings and all he cares about are the Sox at this point.

#10 ·
I liked Denzel Valentine at MSU - I'm a little curious what position he projects to play (Gar Foreman says he projects to be a 2 that can play the 1 or 3, I think) and I'm a little worried about Valentine's lack of athleticism, but he definitely has a great feel for the game, can handle it, pass it and shoot it.

#11 ·
You are not going to get a bonafide stud at 14.

Seems like he has some skills the Bulls need and might play well with Butler.

Bulls are stockpiling guys that are not strong defenders though.

Robin. McDermott. Niko. Now Valentine (supposedly).

You have to trust at this point the Bulls did as much homework as possible on the knees.

#12 ·
Yeah, in a vacuum I don't really mind the pick, but I'm not sure how you can play Valentine next to McD, Niko, Portis, etc.

I'd disagree though that Robin is not a strong defender. He seems above average (but not as good as the guy he's replacing) in that regard.

Overall, though, absent further moves the Bulls look pretty terrible on the defensive end next season.

#14 ·
I just dont get what the Bulls are doing.

Valentine had red flags going into the draft. Good player, but he doesn't strike me as a superstar. Lets go with the logic that the Bulls moved Rose because of his health, so they pick up a guy with similar issues?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.