Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
what do u guys think about the top 15 drafts?
what will be their rankings after the first season?
here's how i think their rookie year will be:

yao ming: 7pts, 5 rebs, 2blk, 30min (start) (foul trouble prone)
jay williams: 14 pts, 6 assists, 1.4 stl, 32 min (start) ROY candidate
mike dunleavy: 6 pts, 2 reb, 2 assists, 20 min (behind jamison)
drew gooden: dunno the guy well
nick tskitishivili: 6pts, 4 rebs, 1 blk (way too raw for nba. never started in italy!)
dajuan wagner: 12 pts, 3 assists, 1 stl. (start, but still not nba ready) ROY candidate
nene hilario: not sure if he's healer from his injury. didnt play in worlds.
chris wilcox: not sure... but rather optimistic
amare stoudemire: dunno him well (still cant believe he was drafted before caron)
caron butler: 15pts, 4 rebs, 3 assists, 1 blk (almost), 1 stl .... biggest opportunity of all to prove himself immediately. ROY candidate
jefferies: 8 pts, 4 rebs, max. haywood will be eating up all the minutes
marvin ely: second to wilcox, so not too optiistic
the one guy i really wanted for miami besides butler was qyntel woods! he would have been perfect since he's got the skills and is still raw. riley would have molded him into a defensive and slashing superstar!

if u guys think im wrong, in which i maybe am, just list the names and their impact as rookies. well, do that anyways.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
i also wanted Qyntel---hell I created the guy on NBA Live and started playing with him (sad i know)

But when i was working at the Heat Draft Party-and Caron kept slipping--as much as i wanted Qyntel---Caron was an obvious choice and the guy is a bad ***...then we got Rasoul, who basically no one knew about then--but when I saw him at Zo's Summer Groove-I could tell this kid was good (not that ZSG is a good place to judge talent) and that we got 2 good players.

the only other guys i would like is maybe Drew Gooden or Juan Dixon--but we were too high to take Dixon and too low to take Gooden (plus we have BG)

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i konw what u mean about creating players. i did the same in NBA LIVE 2001 on PC. 202 never came out :upset:
but i played the fill season 12 min quarter and the playoffs with the heat.
god know i creeated players. spent way too much time on this game and since i started college, i promised myself i would not buy that game..... but i just might break it when the 2003 is released on PC :rolleyes:
unlike everyone almost, i dont like jay wil. i think he's too much of the stephon marbury player type. id soo much rather have a kidd or a miller (or if it's possible the actual kidd or miller in next year's free agents)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I always wanted Miami to pick Caron, but since he did not workout for Miami, I though he may be long gone and we would not get him. I was thinking about Jared Jeffries or Qyntel Woods.

When I saw that Pheonix had picked Stoudemire, I was imploring Riley to pick Butler. I was scared that Riley would have been impressed by Jeffries and might have decided to pick him instead. It turned out to be a dead-brain decision. You don't pass on a talent like Caron Butler. I hope he makes all the teams that passed him regret.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yeah Caron was my dream pick too.

But one of my favourites is also Hilario of the nuggets.
I really think in a couple of years he can be one of the best big men in the league.

Great that the Knicks trade the rights for him.

But i had no fear in that moment the heat had to pick.

I trusted riley after he had an interview a couple of days before draft as he said " Butler would be a no brainer if he would slip at 10".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Riley had also said something to the account that he would draft an "U.S. based scorer" and "he would draft someone he had personally seen playing".

So that would have meant Miami would not draft Tskitishvilli or Nachbar(this guy is a darkhorse).

My worry was since Butler had declined Miami a workout and limited it to only the top 8 teams, Riley would not draft him. Instead he would opt for someone like Jeffries who had multiple workouts with the Heat. My fears were unfounded as Riley drafted Butler.

One of the reasons why Butler slipped was that he had a very bad workout in the Chicago Pre Draft camp. He was carrying a hamstring injury which limited him and placed him very low in the test of strength and athleticism. Good for Miami. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
You're right but i didn't like those tests at the draft.

Example:
You're a GM and you see a player with great Basketball potential.
But he fails in such tests like push tis weight or something else.

I mean that could not be the matter if i choose one or not .

I'd rather sign him (if the bad tests wouldn't be based on a long term injury) then the other player with less potential and good tests in strenghts and other things.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its nice he performed badly in the tests...Miami got to draft him :D

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i sure hope the hamstrings were the real cause of the physical dissapointment... i heard he benched 200 only???
come on, i bench that much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts