Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
I'm going to be honest - at this point I don't think we can deny it any longer. Andre Drummond is going to be a STAR. A lot of people are willing to say "Andre Drummond has the potential to be" - but not many are outright saying "Andre Drummond IS going to be ... " Well, I think we're pretty much at the point where we have to say that barring injury - Andre Drummond is going to be the key player in making the Pistons a perennial playoff team. He will be a perennial All Star. If we put ANYTHING decent next to him - Detroit goes half a decade without making the NBA Finals people will start dissecting him as though he's underachieving.

This video was posted on the ol' Youtube this past day:

Look at the ability he has. The freak athleticism. The instincts on defense. The ability to play above the rim. Look at what he does with the basketball - you're telling me he can't develop a strong post game? By any and all reports he has the work ethic. If he's got that - there is no way we don't see him working hook shots, short baby jumpers, true back to the basket moves all into his game over time.

Want more proof of his hands and ability/potential with the ball in his hands? How about this...

That little dish was classic. Fantastic control with the ball. And then total showmanship, watch it a couple of times - look at the way he tosses out his arms after throwing the pass. Guy has a personality on the floor.

Finally how about this layup? Tell me: How many big men do THIS?

Dre Drummond IS going to be a perennial All-Star. No doubt about it. I think its time to get very excited about where this team is going. Dumars might not be able to **** up this - all he'll have to do is a semi-competent job and Drummond may well be capable of doing the rest.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Messed up my embed code? Bah.

·
#1 Detroit & Wolverines Fan
108 Posts
Right there with ya. His potential is ENORMOUS and he's just scratching it in his first season. The Pistons and his future is looking VERY, VERY bright.

Let's take care of business tonight vs MIL and continue our push to a playoff berth!

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Drummond's stats are very similar to a rookie Greg Oden. Hopefully he stays healthy and continues to improve.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
I'd be excited about the future of this team if I was a Pistons fan. I think Monroe and Drummond will be a very SCARY duo someday.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Drummond/Monroe is so nasty, I was shocked Drummond fell in the draft honestly. I understand it was a risk taking him given how he played at UConn, but he hearing the way people who watched him there talked about him made it sound to me like he was a no-brainer top 3 pick. Can you imagine this kid playing with John Wall? The Bobcats didn't need a potential franchise changing big man?

Anyways, that's all sour grapes. He's been great so far, and I think good things are in store for Detroit basketball.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
This guy has been killing it all year. Picked him in the 9-10th round in my fantasy league and he's been a mega-steal.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Drummond/Monroe is so nasty, I was shocked Drummond fell in the draft honestly. I understand it was a risk taking him given how he played at UConn, but he hearing the way people who watched him there talked about him made it sound to me like he was a no-brainer top 3 pick. Can you imagine this kid playing with John Wall? The Bobcats didn't need a potential franchise changing big man?

Anyways, that's all sour grapes. He's been great so far, and I think good things are in store for Detroit basketball.
To be fair, Kidd-Gilchrist has been really good, and this coming draft is big-heavy. But yea, picks like Waiters and Ross over Drummond were a little interesting.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
The thing about his game is that it PERFECTLY compliments Monroe's game. This team still needs a lockdown wing defender along with a reliable shooting/scoring wing to go with Knight and the bigs, though.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I haven't watched the Pistons play at all, but Knight's numbers are sub-par and inconsistent. Why are Pistons fans seemingly happy going forward with this guy?

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
To be fair, Kidd-Gilchrist has been really good, and this coming draft is big-heavy. But yea, picks like Waiters and Ross over Drummond were a little interesting.
I like Kidd-Gilchrist a lot, but everybody knew coming into the draft what he was. He seems be exactly that. But he doesn't really have "franchise cornerstone" potential, and the Bobcats are a team that desperately needed one of those.

Oh baby, Kyrie Irving playing with Andre Drummond could have been devastating.

·
108 Posts
I haven't watched the Pistons play at all, but Knight's numbers are sub-par and inconsistent. Why are Pistons fans seemingly happy going forward with this guy?
With Calderon in town and the possibility of resigning him, I could see the Pistons trying to keep him. Maybe move Knight down to the 2 spot or trade. There's no doubt I see Stuckey moving at some point.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I like Kidd-Gilchrist a lot, but everybody knew coming into the draft what he was. He seems be exactly that. But he doesn't really have "franchise cornerstone" potential, and the Bobcats are a team that desperately needed one of those.
Kidd-Gilchrist is the next in line for the Iguodala/Deng/Kirilenko/Josh Smith/Gerald Wallace group of forwards as borderline all-star utility players. The Bobcats need a franchise scorer on the wing (hopefully Muhammad or McLemore can be that guy) and another supporting scorer at either the four or five and suddenly their roster makes a ton of sense. For a team with the worst record in the league again, they're actually in pretty good shape.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Can any of you Pistons explain to me why Drummond's are so limited? I mean how you do have a player like that play only 8 minutes against the Knicks the other night and then only 5 against the Nets tonight?

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I think I read something about him being a little banged up. His minutes throughout the year have been more along the lines of 20 - 24 minutes a game.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
That makes sense at at least. I knew his average was around 20 MPG, but I was unsure as to why he played so little the last couple games. I just can't wait until I can see what kind of stats he's putting up in a few years when his minutes should be in the 30's.

·
108 Posts
This is correct. Drummond was injured and missed the second half of the Kincks game due to a sore back. Expect those minutes to jump back up to 20 (or more) soon.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drummond's stats are very similar to a rookie Greg Oden. Hopefully he stays healthy and continues to improve.
NO! NO! NOOO! YOU DID THIS! YOU DID THIS! YOU ****ING DID THIS. TAKE IT BACK!

... What I meant to say is: Drummond is out with stress fractures in his back. 4-6 weeks off the court. I'm seriously bummed about this because big men + back problems has historically meant massive problems that never really go away. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts