Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the dream the most underrated player ever. ask cassel and horry and they both said the dream was the best player they played with ever!

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rocketsthathavespurs</b>!
is the dream the most underrated player ever. ask cassel and horry and they both said the dream was the best player they played with ever!
Ask the NBA and the 99% Will tell you JORDAN is the best period

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Re: Re: dream

Originally posted by <b>SpeakerBoxxx</b>!
Ask the NBA and the 99% Will tell you JORDAN is the best period
your point is?

he said that horry and cassell said that hakeem was the best player they had ever played with. that list includes kg, duncan, kobe, shaq, drexler, and more. that's not a bad list to be on top of.

i feel that hakeem will always be underrated because jordan retired. most fans want to just give jordan two more titles if he never left, but the rockets definately would not have laid down and handed the bulls an easy finals win. the rockets actually won most of the regular season gamse during that time period(when jordan was there) and pippen said that the rockets always beat them. hakeem is a top 10 player ever and i'd say 2nd best defensive player ever at worst but i don't think he will ever fully get the credit he deserves because he played at the same time as jordan(and won when jordan was gone).

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
He got posterized better than anyone else in the NBA. :grinning:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
He got posterized better than anyone else in the NBA. :grinning:
Bigamare's logic....

joe: This person from the Hou...
BigAmare: He suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
i consider hakeem to be the greatest PRIME CENTER of all time, one of the best defensive players ever, he was just that great, adn whenever i tell my friends i think he is the best prime center ever all they say is "Yea Hakeem was good but i dont know"

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya he cause a lot of miss matches cause he could shoot the perimeter and had a hook shot and could dunk pretty well plus he wanst super tall like most centers

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rocketsthathavespurs</b>!
Actually, when asked, Cassell said "either KG or Dream" when asked who his best teammate was.

Hakeem did have unbelievably amazing low post moves, though. People say that Duncan, Hakeem, and McHale had the best low post moves, but I think Hakeem blows the other two out of the water.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Re: Re: dream

Originally posted by <b>Pan Mengtu</b>!

Actually, when asked, Cassell said "either KG or Dream" when asked who his best teammate was.

Hakeem did have unbelievably amazing low post moves, though. People say that Duncan, Hakeem, and McHale had the best low post moves, but I think Hakeem blows the other two out of the water.
Better than both of them defensively as well.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Most underrated superstar....Yes.
I'd take him over anyone not named Jordan, Bird, Magic.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sweet_constipation</b>!
Most underrated superstar....Yes.
I'd take him over anyone not named Jordan, Bird, Magic.
Wilt, Shaq and Kareem?!?!?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
As far as centers go, I have him third:

1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Dream
4. Shaq
5. Robinson

Unless you consider Russell as a center...then I don't really know.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I think Shaq is the best center of all time. He has dominated the league like no one other then Michael Jordan.

·
4,361 Posts
If I were making a team or all time greats, the only person I would pick over Hakeem is Jordan, and even that would be a close call. He just has such an incredible impact on the game. Even Shaq once said that Hakeem was his idol. Nobody in the history of the NBA had the combination of defense and low post moves than the Dream. He was the first player to be named NBA MVP, NBA Defensive Player of the Year and NBA Finals MVP in the same season. I think if Hakeem had a better team to work with, Jordan wouldn't have 6 rings. I wish there was a time in history when the two faced each other in the Finals. Would've been the matchup of the century.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts