Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being buried at the end of the F. C. Barcelona bench, Drejer played 13 minutes tonight in the Euroleague equivalent of the NBA playoffs, scoring 4 points on 2 for 3 shooting, grabbing 3 rebounds and handing out an assist. More importantly, Barcelona beat CSKA of Moscow, ending CSKA's record 40-game winning streak.

Drejer had fallen out of favor with Barcelona's former coach, Joan Montes, who severely criticized his intensity. The new coach, Manolo Flores, said his first job was restoring the team's "self esteem".

http://www.euroleague.net/stats/statsPartido.jsp?temporada=E04&jornada=18&partido=195

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
I really don't see why the Nets would bring him over next season without seeing him get some more playing time first.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they could give him a non guaranteed contract...risky if he turns out to be good. On the other hand, he has a $1 million players option with Barcelona and he may want to prove something. He turns 23 in December.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stefanski met with him in Europe on his trip in January...but it has not been reported what they talked about.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
they could give him a non guaranteed contract...risky if he turns out to be good. On the other hand, he has a $1 million players option with Barcelona and he may want to prove something. He turns 23 in December.
That's alot of money to leave on the table, I doubt we see him this year.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Great to hear he's back in the rotation. I also think its unlikely we'll see him w/ the Nets next year. Money wise, it just doesn't make sense for him. Nevertheless, an asset is an asset. I hope we get to see him in a Net uniform at some point (and he proves worthy of it).

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Christian Drejer...kid that left the Florida program to go overseas...and is now in the doghouse over in Europe...doesn't sound good right now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts