Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gooden is not going to be traded. I'm so tired of hearing people say that he is. The only player that would be traded before the deadline is Swift. Why would West trade Gooden? This would be admitting that he made a huge mistake, which he did not. Gooden will be a great player in this league for a very long time.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Yes he is up for grabs as is Pau. Whether you like it or not the Grizzlies are at last year's wn pace and regressing so nobody is untouchable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure no one is untouchable, but if you honestly think Pau could be traded then you have no clue. The Pistons contacted West recently and offered next year's pick back for Pau or Gooden and West turned them down. There's no way Pau will be traded; I'd be willing to bet anything on that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would trade Drew if I knew we had a top 3 pick.
It should most likely be Lebron, Darko, and Carmelo, and I would take any one of them over him. Don't think Jerry wouldn't trade him cuz he'd do it in a second if he thought it benefited the team. He took the best player available for a reason. If it didn't work out - trade bait.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have to agree with baby on this one.....

If the Grizz pick lands in the top 3, I would defiantly move Gooden. Both Danko and Anthony fit our needs better than Gooden does and it's possible that both actually have more upside.

Every time I see Gasol play I become more and more convinced that he will one day be a dominant front court player and therefore adding a back court star like James or Anthony would be the ideal situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree now too. Lets get rid of Drew, trade him to the Pistons for that pick back. Throw Wright in the deal too. Or Williams.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FanofGrizz</b>!
Gooden is not going to be traded. I'm so tired of hearing people say that he is. The only player that would be traded before the deadline is Swift. Why would West trade Gooden? This would be admitting that he made a huge mistake, which he did not. Gooden will be a great player in this league for a very long time.
Looking through old posts and saw this. OUCH!

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
That's rough. BTW Detroit would never give there pick back for Gooden. Unless it was like 13th pick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts