Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
should be baron davis, boykins, kidd, marbury, tparker, iverson.. and special appearance by shaq w/ his killer crossover

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KG4MVP2</b>!
can someone explain this contest to me???
Basically: you dribble around some obstacles in a weave pattern, have to do various styles of passing (bounce, chest) into small holes, and have to take a shot at the basket. You have to do each a couple of times. I think that's the gist of it.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

Basically: you dribble around some obstacles in a weave pattern, have to do various styles of passing (bounce, chest) into small holes, and have to take a shot at the basket. You have to do each a couple of times. I think that's the gist of it.
Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was pretty entertaining last year. The thing that killed some of the players was the passing. If you don't hit the target(or throw it in the hole or whatever) you have to stand there and keep trying till you make it. I don't remember much from the competition last year. Who was in the finals, wasn't it Jason Kidd and Tony Parker? Who won?:confused:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it was pretty entertaining last year. The thing that killed some of the players was the passing. If you don't hit the target(or throw it in the hole or whatever) you have to stand there and keep trying till you make it. I don't remember much from the competition last year. Who was in the finals, wasn't it Jason Kidd and Tony Parker? Who won?:confused:
Kidd won. I think the other three were Marbury, Payton, and Parker, with Parker in the finals, though I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
it would be good if they also include some sort of style points, when they are dribbling through the cones or whatever, i'd like to see some behind the back or whatever dribble moves, and have some judges give em points on that. Rafer Alston should be in it, i agree

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I think it was Payton and Kidd in the finals and than Payton missed the pass a few times and than he had trouble making the shot....and Kidd did it near perfect in the finals if I remember.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
http://www.nba.com/news/allstarsaturday_040121.html

The 989 Sports Skills Challenge will highlight four NBA players running through a timed obstacle course that will include dribbling, passing and shooting stations. This is the second year this competition will be held. New Jersey Nets guard Jason Kidd won the inaugural 989 Sports Skills Challenge in 2003

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nash should be in it, theres no reason why he shouldn't be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts