Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke's # 1 but SH isn't that good. They're shooting 1-17 from the Field. That was a terrible loss by Manhattan, IMO.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Seton Hall is terrible, Duke is a great team, i believe they are the favorites to win it all as well as a good amount of others, but Seton Hall is just getting oblierated, will they score 4 baskets in the first half? 5 minutes left and only 1 field goal

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
There are better teams out there than Duke. They have an issue at the point guard spot which will be exposed at some point - and depth may be a big question mark. I don't think they should be #1.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i don't see pg being a problem, by the end of the year paulus will be extremelyl solid. and you have dockery and nelson as well. Duke has also never been deep, so unless injury strikes i don't see that being a problem, Like i said i can't wait to see the Duke Texas match up. Plus if Duke gets a lead, it becomes JJ time.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duke 43 Seton Hall 13- Halftime.

Could any MAAC team do worse than the Hall at halftime?

Hell, Siena might have at least been within 23 or 24 ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Paulus is two games into his college career. The kid has a lot of potential, I certainly don’t see a major problem at PG. He has 7 points at the half more than the entire Seton hall Backcourt. I’m not sure if Duke is the best team in America, but they certainly look to be among the best

These two games might be more than Mayben plays his entire college career

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Duke up 65-20. That's right, 45 points.

Great assessment, Beagle. :clap:

In any event, this makes Manhattan look like cow dung.

Iona will win the MAAC, and it might not be close.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Orr may get fired before they get back to The Swamp - he and his staff really have no answer for anything - Duke's has the 3rd team in and the lead continues to swell - I hope he gets beat by 60.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Iona will win the MAAC, and it might not be close".

Wouldn't it be sweet if these words come back to bite you, Guy. BAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
It’s hard to believe a big east team could get beat like that. Talk about getting taken behind the woodshed. Its not easy to play well at Cameron, but no excuse for the egg Seton hall laid tonight 93-40…. Wow

And MTS before you hand the MAAC championship to Iona, Canisius Marist and maybe even Manhattan will have something to say about that before its all said and done

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I'm a little shocked at the lack of talent on Seton Hall's roster.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Iona?

[/QUOTE]And MTS before you hand the MAAC championship to Iona, Canisius Marist and maybe even Manhattan will have something to say about that before its all said and done[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Guy, Tony. I haven't proclaimed Iona Maac champs at all. In fact, I picked Manhattan to win the league but Seton Hall's proformance makes that pick look a little shaky.

Face it, this will be another lackluster season for the MAAC. Why can't Siena win some in this league...it's weak..Period.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I have to agree the Hall looked horrible tonight, I think this was one of those games where Duke isn’t as good as they looked tonight and Seton Hall isn’t as bad as they looked. At least that’s what the Seton Hall fans better hope for. I can’t see how Seton Hall will win many games in the new improved Big East this year. It should be interesting to see how Marist does against the Hall, although after this beating you know the Hall will be ready to play against the foxes

As for Siena MTS give it a rest. Siena has 7 legitimate players right now , only 2 kids on the roster over 6’7’..Siena will pull a few upsets and that’s about it MTS

The MAAC has played a grand total of 3 games MTS and no home games.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I said, "win some games"

I mean why can't Siena win 6 or 7 MAAC games?? I'm not expecting much. Where did I say Siena was poised to do big things this year?

I'd consider a 7-21 season a big success.

Dude, are you listening?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Fairfield will get the MAAC off the schneid at St. Francis - I hope. FF should have some better athletes on the wings and should be able to play to a draw in the post.

·
Registered
319 Posts
soup said:
Fairfield will get the MAAC off the schneid at St. Francis - I hope. FF should have some better athletes on the wings and should be able to play to a draw in the post.
I hope so too! The rumor floating around Stagsland is that freshman PG, Jon Han has been the statistical leader throughout the various preseason scrimmages and earned himself the starting PG position. It sounds like he has a great feel for the game and my surprise some people on Friday night.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
GuyF said:
Duke up 65-20. That's right, 45 points.

Great assessment, Beagle. :clap:

In any event, this makes Manhattan look like cow dung.

Iona will win the MAAC, and it might not be close.
TY Guy should have just shut up after monday on SHU :biggrin: I don't think they are as bad as they played last night but hard to say anything good about them today. I think Coach K was on Dukes *** after the lack luster performance on Monday and they took it out on the Hall, and not that it mattered but if a Duke player got breathed on they got a foul call and Shu needed to bleed to get a whistle in the first half. Funny thing is I don't remember a game where a team did not need to score in the second half to win a game Duke put up 43 to SHU's 40 for the game, would have been funny to see Duke just dribble out the shot clock every possition in the second half. Time to figure out Friday's MAAC games and forget about SHU

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
It's still way to early to predict anything. It's Nov 15 for Gods sake.

Only time will tell.

Seton Hall is picked to finish near the bottom of the Big East. They still have talent and the experience to have a decent season. I am worried what this game will do to their psyche. I haven't seen a Big East team get crushed like that in a long long time. Teams that are disciplined and stay within their offense do good against Duke. The Hall couldn't even get into their offense.

Duke is loaded. I was impressed with their play. Especially their young players. Paulus will be one of the better point guards in the ACC by the time the season is over. Wait till he gets some confidence and knows where other people like to receive the ball on the court.

Manhattan will iron things out. We all know they will be in the run for the MAAC title and an NCAA berth.

Like Tony stated in a previous post -there is always a suprise in the MAAC, at this time we can only wait and see what team or teams that will be.

Marist has a great chance to beat Seton Hall after that drubbing. It's very difficult to play 3 games in one week. Get humiliated in the middle game and come back and play with heart for the next to a lower level team after travelling.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
soup said:
Don't bet on this. SFNY always gives MAAC teams problems--and some bigger schools, too. Ganulin moved on, but Nash is a solid coach and SFNY always has decent local talent.

The MAAC's first win might literally not be until Iona beats the crap out of Howard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts