Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Carolina's MO this year is to come out early and then fade in the second half...i expect the same type of game tonight...DUKE 87-76

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I don't understand why each and everytime UNC tried to go down low when Shelden Williams blocked almost every shot and when someone brought it down from a rebound, it was stripped. Manuel did incredible on Redick.Too bad he couldn't guard Ewing too. Did anyone else see the stretch when Felton had or contributed in csomeway for 7 straight points? The layup, 3pt and pass to McCants for the dunk. Then he turns it over the next three times down the court. Just when he seems to be doing so well, somethign bad happens.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
He did take some roughly easy inside jumpers in OT but clanked them all. And every rebound he got was snatched away from him by either Duhon or Ewing.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a game! Duke is showing a lot with their recent stretch of close wins against good ACC teams on the road. Duhon is coming up huge, and it's tough to underrate how valuable it is to have a FT shooter like JJ in the final minutes.

Something worth mention -- I thought that was an EXCELLENTLY officiated game. And I am definitely not just saying that because Duke won... I hope that was apparent to everyone who watched. They were consistent, allowed both teams to play aggressively, but called all the necessary fouls. And they were right on point with their calls in crunch time. You only seem to hear about when refs mess up, but I think they deserve credit for doing a great job in this game.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
They were consistent
I'd have to go with more of the idea of consistently bad (example 1: Deng literally getting knocked out and nothing being called and 2: Deng getting a pass on the baseline, traveling, then May gets called for the foul). It was a great game though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts