Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Dukes sent Thuggins back down I-79 with a loss 60-56. Duquesne ended up outrebounding a bigger WVU team and won even with an off night from Sean Johnson.

Add another BCS Scalp for the A-10.

They gave #15 Georgetown a game until the end at their building.

This team may surprise the folks who had written them off as the last place team in the A-10.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This is no last place A10 team.

Next up a very tough rivalry game on Robert Morris' home court.

A win there and I will be singing CBI CBI CBI

·
Registered
490 Posts
It's always good when someone beats Thuggins; but it's a whole heck of a lot of fun when your team does it (as X fans can attest). Fun night at the Consol.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Good win for Duquesne. I heard that Bob Huggins has no integrity. In fact, I saw it on a banner trailing a plane and flying around Clifton once.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
On a more somber note, it was revealed in the press conference by Jim Ferry that Derrick Colter's brother had passed away this week after suffering from cerebral palsy.

Derrick finished the night with 12 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals and only 2 turnovers.

This article from May means a whole lot more now: Brother inspires Largo's Colter

This young man has a lot of guts and will have a great career at Duquesne.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Bob Huggin's Press conference was a very enjoyable watch if you are a Duquesne fan. I have a feeling there will be some A10 coaches who feel just like Bob in the coming months. Make sure you turn it up nice and loud to hear each belabored breath, each exasperated sigh, and each expression of disappointment in his voice.

The Dukes beat them so bad in the paint and on the glass while having a height disadvantage at every position. The Jim Ferry philosophy is working.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would hate to be one of Huggins' kidneys this morning.

Lots of A-10 intrigue with this game. Everhart on the bench, Juwan Staten at point (I think I recall some of his high school clippings), and Aaric Murray, who contributed little more than 2 points, 4 boards, and a technical foul under 3:00 in a tie game.

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts
I was not a believer at the beginning of the season.

I really liked how the Dukes looked against Pitt and predicted they'd be in Brooklyn come March. I took some heat for saying that.

Ferry looks to be a great hire.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Surprised that no one here mentioned Mr. Big (Everhart) and Staten, yet. Seems like a game with a lot of sub-plots going on.
I enjoyed beating Thuggins team but wish for the best for Ron E. I hope that this is just the first of many games that prove me wrong about getting rid of him. He is a good D-1 coach who should get another chance somewhere. Duquesne fans will always owe Ron for giving us winning seasons after so long a time in the wilderness.

Seeing Staten play for WVU was strange and I believe they raided another A-10 player as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I enjoyed beating Thuggins team but wish for the best for Ron E. I hope that this is just the first of many games that prove me wrong about getting rid of him. He is a good D-1 coach who should get another chance somewhere. Duquesne fans will always owe Ron for giving us winning seasons after so long a time in the wilderness.

Seeing Staten play for WVU was strange and I believe they raided another A-10 player as well.

Coffee,

It's good to see you posting about hoops again. I too hope this is the beginning of something special.

Aaric Murray, formerly of the Lasalle, was doing the same thing he did for the Explorers, standing around the perimeter playing soft. Based on what they've done since he left the program, I think that was addition by subtraction for Dr John.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Steve... Can't get the red and blue out of my blood.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts