Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fizer Gill Trade

3 posts in a row.

Trade possible for Bulls' Fizer, Gill
BY PERRY A. FARRELL
Knight Ridder Newspapers

Pistons are supposedly working on a deal that could bring Chicago's Marcus Fizer and Kendall Gill to Detroit for Corliss Williamson or Bobby Sura. Williamson seems to be the likely candidate because of his contract status.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/7895923.htm

Chicago trades: PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
SG Kendall Gill (10.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 26.3 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Corliss Williamson (8.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 19.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.8 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Detroit trades: SF Corliss Williamson (8.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 19.2 minutes)
Detroit receives: PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29 games)
SG Kendall Gill (10.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 43 games)
Change in team outlook: +7.8 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Trade doesn't work with Sura in it.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Re: Fizer Gill Trade

Originally posted by <b>spongyfungy</b>!
3 posts in a row.

BY PERRY A. FARRELL
Knight Ridder Newspapers

Pistons are supposedly working on a deal that could bring Chicago's Marcus Fizer and Kendall Gill to Detroit for Corliss Williamson or Bobby Sura. Williamson seems to be the likely candidate because of his contract status.

Chicago receives: SF Corliss Williamson (8.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 19.2 minutes)

Detroit trades: SF Corliss Williamson (8.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 19.2 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Hmm...

I don't like that deal at all.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Wow this trade sure is out of left field. I though Williamson was a major contributor on that team. I know they want cap room to resign Okur but wow. Could they afford to lose the offense he brings? Or do they think Fizer might could replace his scoring given the minutes? Also where does Williamson fit in here? Seems him and JYD would be battling for playing time against one another. Maybe Paxson is moving JYD and wants Williamson to replace him as a 3/4 off the bench? Lots of questions and no answers.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If you want to get more responses change the title thread to "Bulls-Pistons rumor"

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not to mention this would leave us with the 3 guard rotation of Kirk/Jamal/Brunson for the remainder of the year.

:hurl:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Re: Fizer Gill Trade

Originally posted by <b>spongyfungy</b>!
3 posts in a row.

BY PERRY A. FARRELL
Knight Ridder Newspapers

TRADE ACCEPTED

Thanks. When I read this trade rumor about a half hour, I was wondering how that trade could work.

As for what I think about it? Don't know. This has to be a second trade that follows anther one!! We need Gill actually but if he is traded away with Fizer, that tells me, that Paxson has another trade lined up that he will pull either before or at the same time as this one.

I wonder why Detroit wants to trade Williamson? Sure they want to clear cap space but they are in a run for the playoffs. Maybe they think Fizer and Gill can make up for the offense???

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I agree TBF something else would have to follow this. JYD seems to be the guy that would be the odd man out. But JYD alone will not bring much in terms of a SG/SF. I see to remember reading that Paxson wanted anyone interested in JC to take Erob in addition to him. Maybe he realized a JC/Erob package ain't bringing a whole lot but a JC/JYD might be more appealing to teams. A lot of teams could use a JYD, especially playoff teams. Hmm.....stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
I agree TBF something else would have to follow this. JYD seems to be the guy that would be the odd man out. But JYD alone will not bring much in terms of a SG/SF. I see to remember reading that Paxson wanted anyone interested in JC to take Erob in addition to him. Maybe he realized a JC/Erob package ain't bringing a whole lot but a JC/JYD might be more appealing to teams. A lot of teams could use a JYD, especially playoff teams. Hmm.....stay tuned.
A month ago some guy that had an inside source in the Spurs organization said that the Spurs were interested in Jerome Williams...but who knows what's going on now...

Jaric
Barry
Williamson

See the trend???

·
Registered
67 Posts
FIZER/GILL for C.Williamson(DET)...MET THE CHICAGO BULLS SENIOR TEAM!!!

Today in Detroit Press:

The Pistons are trying to create enough cap space to retain Mehmet Okur, who will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

The Pistons are supposedly working on a deal that could bring Chicago's Marcus Fizer and Kendall Gill to Detroit for Corliss Williamson or Bobby Sura.

Williamson seems to be the likely candidate because of his contract status.

Williamson is set to make $5.5 million next season, with two more years left on his deal. Sura is in the last year of his contract and making $6.2 million.

Fizer, 6-feet-8 and 260 pounds, is in the last year of his contract and his making $3.726 million. Gill, 6-5, 216, also is in the final year of his deal and is making $688,697.

Neither side would comment on the potential trade Friday night as the Pistons prepared to play at New Orleans.
-------------------
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

haha

It looks like Chicago is building a senior team - anyone knows for some NBASeniour league ;)

Lets look the moves:

1)Pippen
2)Davis&Williams
3)Brunson
4)C.Williamson

This really convinced me that GM in Chicago really doesnt have a clue!!!

Who knows maybe Crawford is the next one..for a veteran pg-unbelivable

And Chicago fans I really fell sorry for you that you must watch all this!!!!

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Link?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Bulls-Pistons deal???

What do you all think of the rumored trade????

Fizer+Gill for Williamson

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Detroit has two first round picks in 2004. Their own and Milwaukee's. The Bucks pick might be included in this since the Pistons in attempting to resign Okur will not want two first rd picks guaranteed money. The extra pick would allow us to draft one of the many swingman who will be drafted mid first round. Other than Deng no swingman will be in top 5. So we can then deal our top 5 pick for an established scorer to go along with the other perimeter player we take with the Bucks pick. Ok I will stop rambling now.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
We seem to have a couple of different threads on this, mods, any chance we could get these merged?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I don't like this deal.

You would just be replacing Fizer with another Fizer. A guy who is a poor defender and rebounder with a longer contract. I'd rather keep Fizer and let his deal run out.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rosenthall</b>!
We seem to have a couple of different threads on this, mods, any chance we could get these merged?
Done.

--

I'm not too keen on the trade. Corliss has a 4's game in a 3's body. Speaking of 3s, he can't hit them.

Maybe the Pistons are willing to add a 1st round pick? That'd make it worthwhile for certain.

I think I'd rather have a guy like Lammond Murray if we're goint to take on more salary.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
guys..

If Williamson comes here then

1)either a third team is involved..sending Corliss there
2)or We trade one or two of Davis,Erob,JYd..perhaps packaged with JC

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Detroit has two first round picks in 2004. Their own and Milwaukee's. The Bucks pick might be included in this since the Pistons in attempting to resign Okur will not want two first rd picks guaranteed money. The extra pick would allow us to draft one of the many swingman who will be drafted mid first round. Other than Deng no swingman will be in top 5. So we can then deal our top 5 pick for an established scorer to go along with the other perimeter player we take with the Bucks pick. Ok I will stop rambling now.
If the Milwaukee pick is included, taking on Williamson's contract would be worth it for the Bulls.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The idea of trading Marcus for another player that is just like Marcus, but with a bigger contract seems a bit odd.

If I would guess, I would say this move would have to be a part of a series of moves, perhaps to get us Brent Barry?

If Detroit includes Milwaukee's pick, maybe we turn around and ship that and Corliss to Seattle? Something like that would be a lot more palatable to my tastes.

I certainly hope that's the case, because the deal, as constituted, suck IMO. Marcus and Corliss are almost the same player, and if we wanted to keep Marcus, he'd probably cost us half as much.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts