Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Team Awaits Knicks' Rose

The game is Socom II, a Navy Seals simulation played out over the Internet. It is where Duncan and Rose, close friends for seven-plus years, continue their friendship - and their competitive rivalry. When they were teammates with the San Antonio Spurs, Rose guarded and harassed Duncan daily in practice. Now that he plays for the Knicks - the result of an unexpected trade last month - Rose makes his mark online.
Rose is a clan leader in the game.
"I'm clan leader on the video game," he says.
Hurt Duncan still will 'play'

Just because Tim Duncan suffered a serious ankle sprain yesterday afternoon at Detroit that has him listed as day- to-day, it doesn't mean he won't do battle tonight with his best friend and former teammate, Knicks forward Malik Rose. It just means the game they play won't be basketball, and it won't take place at Madison Square Garden.
"We talk pretty much every night, but it's playing a video game," Rose said recently. "It's not about basketball. We play SOCOM II. It's a Navy Seals game. It involves 16 people. Sometimes it's with guys we know. Sometimes it's anybody who's online. We play most nights, even game nights."
:biggrin:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
That's funny. Duncan doesn't strike me as a guy who plays games though. lol.

:topic: Some players from the Padres also play Socom II. Sometimes before games, and come late to practice. They even go as far as playing with farm players.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This is pretty funny...I can just imagine Rose barking out orders to Duncan, Manu, and Tony Parker...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not a smart move...Its to big of a risk cause if he hurts his ankle or something the Spurs are DONE in the playoffs, they will already make it to the playoffs, why take that chance?!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
AoK-TripleDouble said:
Not a smart move...Its to big of a risk cause if he hurts his ankle or something the Spurs are DONE in the playoffs, they will already make it to the playoffs, why take that chance?!
I don't think you can roll your ankle playing P$2

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Premier said:
I don't think you can roll your ankle playing P$2
I don't know...SOCOM II can get pretty rough...

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
MPK said:
I don't know...SOCOM II can get pretty rough...
Duncan: Guys I've been shot.
Tony: Where ya hurting buddy?
Duncan: The ankle I injured last night in Detroit.
Rose: Detroit? What were you doing up there?
Manu: [To Rose] We had a game up their. [Turns to Duncan] We're not leaving without you captain.
Rose: Damn! Nevertheless I am your captain now. So let him stay or we'll end up the same way. Move out, NOW!

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
This sounds so freaky, but it's just a reminder that these players are humans, just like me and you. Very cute to read this. ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
I knew Duncan was into games... hmm, I wonder what him and Malik's names are in the games.

I may have faced them without knowing it! :O

Good luck to Malik tonight, gonna be kind of sad to see him on the opposing team, but, it'll be nice to see him again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts