Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he scored 7 points shotting 1-7 from the field and he grabed 10 boards!
:rbanana: :gbanana: :banana: :wbanana: :bbanana: :vbanana: :cbanana:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah, all his points came off free throws, except one layup. Other than the lack of scoring, he looked solid in every other aspect of the game.

·
Registered
40 Posts
He really looked like he was playing for respect from Musselman. The team looked really young last night. They made a lot of rookie mistakes, but I liked the heart. They stayed in it until the end.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Of all the high draft picks, Dunleavy was the one who wsn't gonna put up big numbers immediately. Give him time, and if he is given the support he needs, he will be a fine player for the Warriors

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Dunleavy was touted as the most NBA ready player by alot of people. Its only a few games in so its hard to judge, but I think hes going to be a Mike Miller type player. And I would not have taken Mike Miller with the 3rd pick whe guys like Gooden and Butler were still up for grabs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Agreed R-Star... and Dunleavy being the most non-ready? Are you kidding me? His scouting report was filled with NBA smarts and immediate impacts to the game. The most non-ready is Yao Ming. So far, Dunleavy has been dissapointing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think its too early too be judging anybody. Its hard to be dissapointing if you're a rookie playing in is second game. But 10 rebounds ain't bad. Mike's a good player he'll be fine he just needs some playing time.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I still believe that Dunleavy has more upside, and will be better than anyone in this draft with the exception of Ming.

Hitman

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dunleavy was the most NBA ready? Who actually said that? Whoever it was needs their heads read.

He is going to need time and lots of it to become a good player. I think he will get there, but he wasn't even a dominant player in college. Truly NBA-ready means that you are a man amongst boys in college.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think he's pressing. He needs to find a comfort zone and the shots will drop. He is doing great at everything else just needs to take a deep breath and not force things. Kind of like all the Warriors did in the first half of the Jazz game when they missed all those lay-ups.

·
Registered
413 Posts
PRESSURE and EXPECTATIONS...

To much was expected of him and made of him..
He played good in college.. but this is the NBA..no one really comes out of college to dominate the NBA.. only a hand full has done that..
It was so called experts that herald him that.. not Mike D. He is struggling because he is trying hard to live up to the expectations and the heralding that put on hime that he would help GSW rise to become a decent ball club right away. It dosn't happen like that.. We all sometimes forget that this is a TEAM game.. one good playing rookie will not help you much.. Every new player has to adjust to the NBA game ( physically mentally etc )
It just depends on how fast he adjust to it.

PAU came out on his rookie year to be a stud but not a dominant player..

I say give him a 1 1/2 and he will turn in to a stud.. and make all the Mike D. haters and doubters.. take all their No masking please. truebluefan back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I agree. It is a young team so they are going to have o grow together as a team. I can already see the difference in attitude and play even though they have lost their last two games.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If Mike Dunleavy ever turns out to be as good as Chris Mullin, Warrior fans will surely rejoice.

Chris Mullin struggled for a couple of years. He played four years at St. Johns, was the Wooden award winner and Big East Player of the Year three times.

Dunleavy reminds many, including myself, of Mullin. Only he has a year less experience coming into the league, and he is two to three inches taller.

Give him time.

He is going to be a keeper.

Hitman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts