Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time Sweetney made up his mind if he wants to be a player,or he wants to be a porker..The guy has been a huge dissapointment,and even worse has killed his trade value...

Of course i should have known better....layden drafted him and lampe so how good could they be??

lampe cant even play in new orleans...

KT,Mo T,Rose, Sweetney and maybe TT...

Four power fowards and we still are weak there...
Could jackie Butler be our secret weapon??

Is there no end to the pain?? :curse:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
well if the hornets took speedy claxton and dale davis for baron...
we should at least try to get jamal magloire. pj +magloire for sweetney and hardaways 14 million dollar expiring contract? maybe add in the spurs pick next year.

exactly....a scott layden move will never succeed. look at his picks. sweets, lampe, vujanic....

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Even Sweets arms are looking thinner. I wonder if he can bench anymore than in his tryouts.

I haven't given up on him yet, but like you say, he needs to decide. He needs to get lean and mean or he's Tractor 2.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Swwtneys mentor feels exactly like us..

"My recommendation is he has to change it," Aguirre said of Sweetney's weight. "We tried to say, 'You're quick; you're adequate.' But if he wants to become the player I think he wants to become, this summer, he has to attack that . . . He hasn't learned the subtleties of defense and positioning. He has to get better to stay on the floor.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Winning basket is a start

Despite Sweetney's heroics in ending the Knicks' nine-game losing streak, his recent lackluster play could turn him from a future building block into immediate trade bait. At 6-8, 270, he was beginning to seem a little too short and much too heavy to contend with the skilled power forwards he sees as a starter, such as Toronto's Chris Bosh tonight at Madison Square Garden.
Aguirre said Sweetney must use his strength to clear out taller opponents instead of trying to shoot over them. His conditioning and defense also must improve.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reading all this stuff about sweetney is infuriating...there are very few things one can directly control in Basketball,but conditioning and your weight are 2 of them....

it pisses me off that he is a fat lazy lard asss who doent take his game seriously

1 - 7 of 7 Posts