Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
The refs in the GS/Dallas game have been terrible. They've missed calls going against both sides

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
That was nuts! Never seen him that pissed off before.....bad call and he was frustrated after disagreeing with calls all night.

This game is getting intense!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This game has gotten really intense from Davis/Dirk to Dunleavy/ref to Howard/ref.

Lets see what happens down the strech the arena is getting into it too.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
NBA Refs Are The Wrost.. They Suck *edit*!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I didn't see it, could someone run what he did down for me?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ps!ence_Fiction said:
I didn't see it, could someone run what he did down for me?
He started yelling at the ref and got T'd up. Then he got right in the refs face and let him know how he felt about the call and immediately got ejected. Then he stormed to the tunnel and threw his jersery into the stands.

·
Banned
41 Posts
It isn't just this game. The refs have been bad all night in several games.

GS is never going to get the benefit when Dirk is on the floor. He gets all the calls even though he doesn't deserve them.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
LBJthefuturegoat said:
and threw his jersery into the stands.
One happy fan. ;)

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
EVIL DUNLEAVY~! I like, I like. Talk about a guy in desperate need of an image makeover...or just an image period.

Seeing him go ballistic on that ref should actually be seen as a positive. One of the biggest knocks on him is he's too passive and doesn't seem to care when he's on the court. Mike Dunleavy of all players pulling off a Dennis Rodman could be the spark he needs to light a fire under his behind for the rest of the season.

If this was wrestling, I'd re-package Dunleavy as a combination loose cannon/Potsie, who comes out looking like the clean-cut all-American boy who will just flip out and go into total-dick-mode when someone crosses him. Wally Szczerbiak could have pulled it off a few seasons ago, if he really wanted to. It's an interesting Jekyll and Hyde gimmick that could really get over in the Bay Area. You don't think Stern would buy that in half a minute?

And yes, I've been drinking a little.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
For those who say they should stop whining, I say play the game yourself. I play for my school team, and get fired up when my ref misses a call -- this is their profession and they make a living off their performance

It's so hard to just say "Yep, I definately did travel there, nice call ref" and I ask you to try that next time or be like "Yes good call, I did accidently bump his arm on his attempted layup"..It's impossible...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would have been pissed too...he had two fouls and was called for a third as soon as he got back in the game. Then, when he got back from the bench after that, he got called for an invisible offensive foul to give him four. Crappy reffing job...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts