Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Someone should tell Dupree to be carefull and not burn and bridges.

He's been playing well. But the guy he's dissing probably has more clout within the franchise. Could be talking himself off the team. The last thing Pax needs is some NBDL player coming to the team and causing problems...ya know.

But I'm glad Dupree is so excited.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
That quote doesn't sound like he's talking only about Bulls players. He may be talking about the state of the NBA in general.

Remember - he did play in Miami so he saw about as small a crowd as you can possibly see.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!
That quote doesn't sound like he's talking only about Bulls players. He may be talking about the state of the NBA in general.

Remember - he did play in Miami so he saw about as small a crowd as you can possibly see.
No, he wasn't. I just thought it was a really telling statement that also shines a light on his teammates (some of them).

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
In context, it sounds to me like he's just appreciating being here.
Good for him.
Roger that.

When I read the article this morning, I was left w/ the idea that Dupree really appreciated being in the league. I didn't read it as a slam on teammates.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Didn't Eddy Curry JUST make a statement about fans at the UC booing?

And then for Dupree to have a comment talking about 'certain' players complaining about 'certain' arenas...(what other players is Dupree around?)...I don't know. Surely I'm not the only one who can put 2 and 2 together?

C'mon Bulls board.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

And then for Dupree to have a comment talking about 'certain' players complaining about 'certain' arenas...(what other players is Dupree around?)...I don't know. Surely I'm not the only one who can put 2 and 2 together?

C'mon Bulls board.
What is probably being meant as a 'feelgood' story is being interpreted by our local McCarthyists as a slam on Eddy Curry. OMFG. This is Elliott freaking Harris writing the article.

<i>The biggest difference between the NBDL and NBA?

"Lot more glitz and glamor,'' Dupree said. "Lot more perks.''

Such as?

"Hotels,'' he said. "In the NBDL we were staying in the Holiday Inns with no elevators. Get to Miami, we're in the Four Seasons. We get no per diem or money on the road in the NBDL. You get to play in front of thousands of people in beautiful arenas. Down there, you play in front of 25 or 30 people.''

Nothing like a couple of games at the United Center.

"It's no problem getting up for crowds like this,'' Dupree said. "A lot of guys complain about certain arenas and certain teams' crowds. Let them go to the NBDL to see what crowd support is all about.'' </i>

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts

C'mon Bulls board.
Let's not insinuate.

The direct quote is not certain players. He says A lot of guys complain about certain arenas and certain teams' crowds.

'A lot of guys' different from 'certain players'

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

What is probably being meant as a 'feelgood' story is being interpreted by our local McCarthyists
Thats quite an insult, especially when I admitted elsewhere in-thread that it wasn't directed at the Bulls per-say.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
So if there's nothing here, there's nothing here. Why does the title of this thread say "Dupree lays the smackdown on uninterested Bulls players" if it should really say "Ronald Dupree: Enjoying the NBA life (NBDL sucks)."

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
Thats quite an insult, especially when I admitted elsewhere in-thread that it wasn't directed at the Bulls per-say.
I actually wasn't directing this at you GB. I used the McCarthyist reference as hyperbole. Apologies if I offended you my man!

·
Registered
892 Posts

C'mon Bulls board.
SO WHAT???

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

SO WHAT???
What do you mean "So what"?

You don't think it would be at all important to note if one player was slamming another player through the media?(Which if you read down further you'd see that we already covered that.)

Your indignation was poorly timed and misplaced.
Step off the high horse, take a deep breath, and be peacefull.
God is love dude. God is love.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

What do you mean "So what"?

You don't think it would be at all important to note if one player was slamming another player through the media?(Which if you read down further you'd see that we already covered that.)

Your indignation was poorly timed and misplaced.
Step off the high horse, take a deep breath, and be peacefull.
God is love dude. God is love.
I think you are the only one who thinks he was slamming another player.

It seems like he's just making genralizations.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.