Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite growing up in Washington, D.C., NBA superstar Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder wanted to play for the Toronto Raptors.

On Thursday, during an interview on The Dan Patrick Show, Durant said: "Believe it or not, I wanted to play for the Toronto Raptors, that was my favorite team."

Durant cited that one of the main reasons he grew up cheering for the Raptors was because of the Raptors' jerseys and the fact they were new to the league.

"They were a new team when I was growing up, so I wanted to be a part of that," Durant said.

Another reason Durant cheered for the Raptors was because he was a big fan of Vince Carter, Toronto's former franchise player.

"His enthusiasm he showed, just his athleticism, and how he brought Toronto from being one of the newer teams in the league to almost going to the finals. He changed the culture there in Toronto."
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2013/01/17/kevin_durant_wanted_to_play_for_the_toronto_raptors/

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Nice to know he was once interested in our team ... but that was once upon a time .... :-( :-(
Coulda, woulda, shoulda ...!!

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Probably. Unless Durant made it clear he wanted to be in TO leading up to the draft.
Let's play make believe...

"And the winner of the 2007 NBA Draft Lottery are the..... Toronto Raptors

Oden can be heard heckling 'Don't choose me, I'll leave after my rookie deal, I won't even suit up'

Durant rushes to Toronto's defence, 'That's cool, take me and I'll be loyal and lead you to a Championship'

BC takes to the podium

'It's really a no-brainer for us here in Toronto... We select Greg Oden'

2 years pass. Greg never suited up for Toronto, claiming he had a case of the Royce Whites sydrome.

A reporter asked Bryan if he regrets the decision, he responds 'No way, you have to gamble, we just didn't know it would work out like this."

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yea. Sadly that sounds like a 50% possibility all things with Toronto's history considered.

Or they'd draft some white Euro player.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts