Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Nice article. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders to go along w/ his talent. He seems like a humble, hardworking kid - which is the attitude he needs to make it in the league.

BTW, I would not be surprised to see the league give the Hawks the #1 pick. They have struggled big time, and they are the franchise in most trouble right now. They need a boost. Just like Cleveland did last year; and they got their hometown stud. If I had to bet, I'd say Dwight will be playing in Atlanta next year.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Yep, real nice article. Dwight really sounds like a good smart kid, people said he will be the next Kwame Brown, but you can just tell he is different. Kwame's going to be good, but not worth a #1 pick, I think Dwight will definetly be worth it though. Kwame's work ethic also holds him back, Dwight looks like he's determined, his personality reminds me some of Chris Bosh.

I really can't wait to see Dwight play in the NBA. I think his first year will be a quite successful one and he won't have to do it under as much spotlight as LeBron James did. I'd like to see the Hawks grab him, I think he could really turn that franchise around.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Nice article. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders to go along w/ his talent. He seems like a humble, hardworking kid - which is the attitude he needs to make it in the league.

BTW, I would not be surprised to see the league give the Hawks the #1 pick. They have struggled big time, and they are the franchise in most trouble right now. They need a boost. Just like Cleveland did last year; and they got their hometown stud. If I had to bet, I'd say Dwight will be playing in Atlanta next year.
I don't get why people keep saying the lottery is fixed, it isn't. Last year the Cavs had the best shot along with the Nuggets to get the #1 pick, so it wasn't a surprise they got the #1 and the Nuggets ended up with the #3. So if the Hawks end up with the worst record this year, will the league be fixing the lottery so they get the #1? I don't remember anybody talking about the lottery was fixed when the Magic got the 1st pick despite having the worst chance to get it, or when the Spurs got the #1 pick and added Duncan to Robinson.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mike Tierney did a great job of painting the picture of Dwight Howard. That is who he is. In my time watching Howard grow up, he is indeed one of the finest young men on the planet. It is no wonder teams are foaming at the mouth to build their franchise around him with all of the off court problems (Kobe) out there. Again, great article.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kmasonbx</b>!

I don't get why people keep saying the lottery is fixed, it isn't. Last year the Cavs had the best shot along with the Nuggets to get the #1 pick, so it wasn't a surprise they got the #1 and the Nuggets ended up with the #3. So if the Hawks end up with the worst record this year, will the league be fixing the lottery so they get the #1? I don't remember anybody talking about the lottery was fixed when the Magic got the 1st pick despite having the worst chance to get it, or when the Spurs got the #1 pick and added Duncan to Robinson.

I really wonder why the league has the lottery. Every other sport uses the descending order - in terms of record. Why have the lottery for any other reason but to manipulate it? I seriously doubt they have the lottery "to mix things up."

But who knows; it could be legit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hockey has a lottery. The NHL implemented it in response to when the Pittsburgh Penguins traded their best players and tanked the 1985 season to draft Mario Lemieux.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chris_mthomas</b>!
Hockey has a lottery. The NHL implemented it in response to when the Pittsburgh Penguins traded their best players and tanked the 1985 season to draft Mario Lemieux.
They do? I never knew they did. If that's true, I apologize.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts