Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from September 14th. Anyone have anything a little more current?

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers center Dwight Howard will miss the start of training camp Oct. 2 and the beginning of the preseason schedule starting Oct. 7 against the Golden State Warriors, the team announced Thursday.

ESPN reported the day Howard was traded to the Lakers from the Orlando Magic that he would not be ready for the start of the season.

Howard began working with Lakers head trainer Gary Vitti and head physical therapist Dr. Judy Seto this week as he continues his rehabilitation from April back surgery. The Lakers' training staff has been working alongside Howard's personal trainer, Bryan Meyer, on his rehab, and Lakers officials told the team's website on Thursday that there have been no setbacks to this point.
"We'll see what the doctor says," Howard said. "If I'm ready for opening night, I'll be there, but I'm not going to rush it. A back is very serious, so I'm going to take my time and make sure I'm 100 percent because I want to give everybody 100 percent. I want to give everybody everything I have."
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-lakers-say-dwight-howard-miss-beginning-camp

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Dwight working with Darvin Ham? What?

What is he teaching him?

"Hey Dwight, here's the moves I used to make a very mediocre basketball career. Watch and learn."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts