Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm off the bandwagon for trading him

Tyson Chandler would be averaging a high double double...both would be lottery picks regardless when they came out...

and we have them NOW

BOTH!!!

i'm sure you all know this..i just felt like venting..thinking about the moves in Curry's arsenal while watching some college games..he'd be dominating

just venting

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Yeah its a shame he didnt go....from a college hoops fan point...not a Bulls fans...he would be a great player. Wherever he went he wold dominate. He could easily get about 35-8 per a game. He would be deemed the best college player of all time in this decade.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Eddy Curry signed a letter of intent with Depaul; not Kansas, NC, Duke, or the like. You really think he would have blossomed under Pat Williams? Please!

As bad as his decision to skip college was for his development, I can't imagine a couple years at Depaul would have remedied the situation. Maybe if he would have worked with Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, or even Bill Self he would be dominating, but I am not convinced two years with the Blue Deamons would have done him any good...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
re: E. Curry would be averaging 30+ points in college EASILY

True that. But with his post moves and size, he should be averaging 30+ points in the NBA!

Good thing he's only 21.

Soon...... :yes: :love: :yes:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Curry and Andre Brown would have been fun to watch at DePaul. Oh well. When you have Krause and BJ watching all your games since junior year in HS, you get the picture that the pros are callling.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
As an alum, I would have been the happiest person on the planet if Eddy had gone to Depaul. I would have loved to see him play with Imari Sawyer, actually. IMari's college career would have turned out much better had he been able to play with someone like Curry. And Pat Kennedy would probably still be the coach...there are always drawbacks to every good thing.

But, even if he had gone there, he would surely have been gone after his freshman or soph season at the most.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Shaquille O'Neal, 1991-92 stats at LSU:

14.1 ppg, 14 rpg, 5.3 bpg.

1. Shaquille O'Neal, rookie stats: 23.4, 13.9, 3.5 bpg. I think with his body being much closer to the way it looks above when he got in the league, he was lighter on his feet and looking to be a terrifying interior defender more than anything else... but he certainly still got his points.

2. If Curry EVER averages that kind of stat line, he will be considered a TREMENDOUS success.

3. I don't think Curry would get 30 a game in college. I can't remember the last player who scored 30 a game in college.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!
As an alum, I would have been the happiest person on the planet if Eddy had gone to Depaul. I would have loved to see him play with Imari Sawyer, actually. IMari's college career would have turned out much better had he been able to play with someone like Curry. And Pat Kennedy would probably still be the coach...there are always drawbacks to every good thing.

But, even if he had gone there, he would surely have been gone after his freshman or soph season at the most.
What every happened to Imari Sawyer? Is Lance Williams playing pro ball somewhere? Man I miss some of those old DePaul teams. For a few years, it was an NBA factory.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

What every happened to Imari Sawyer? Is Lance Williams playing pro ball somewhere? Man I miss some of those old DePaul teams. For a few years, it was an NBA factory.
Pat Kennedy single-handedly ruined the careers of Imari Sawyer, Lance Williams and Bobby Simmons (although Bobby is hanging by a thread in the NBA). Those guys never developed under him the way they should have.
The guy who especially bothered me was Imari. That kid had so much talent and his court vision was sensational. Last I heard, he was playing JUCO ball somewhere last season and there was talk about him walking on to Iowa State this season but that never happened, partly because of the firing of Larry Eustachy.
I've heard nothing about Lance Williams since he graduated.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
certainly high 20s in college, and still under 10 boards

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Eddy Curry needed a few years with John Thompson

Yup in the tradition of Georgetown Centers ...
with this i agree unlike the other noted coaches in this thread thompson has a history of making top center college talents, top center pro talents

but thompson doesn't even coach there anymore but the tradition says they still might have done wonders ...never saw a georgetown alum under 35 out of shape

·
Registered
226 Posts
30 points, nah. Wouldn't happen. The college game is shorter and much slower. Also throw in there no defensive 3 second rule, and you take away a lot of what big guys can do in the NBA. College officials call the game differently too, in a way things Eddy does well now in the NBA. College would have been very good for Eddy. But realistically, he'd be lucky to score over 20 in a few games.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I highly doubt that he would be scoring 30+. The college game is 8 minutes shorter and the 35 second shot clock makes the game run much slower.

Example: Tim Duncan didn't come close to 30 per game in college yet averaged over 20 per game his rookie year. If Curry can't even average 20 a game now, what makes you think he could get 30 points a game in college?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.