Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its obvious Raps will be a top 5 lottery pick this year

and its also obvious where the raps could use some help....

who would you want the raps to take if all three of Gay, Morrison, and Brewer were available?

I would have to go with Gay... he's an awesome athlete... been compared to Scottie... and he played with Nova at UCONN...

i think a future lineup of Calderon, Graham, Gay, Bosh and Villanueva is tantalizing!

but then again, you could basically put any one of those three with our current young nucleus

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
It seems there is a very good chance that there will be a UCON reunion

Rudy Gay & OR Josh Boone would be dandy.

If Raps should win lottery Gay seems like the best fit.. <-- no pun intended.

·
Registered
268 Posts
d_umengan said:
who would you want the raps to take if all three of Gay, Morrison, and Brewer were available?
For all of the accolades given Morrison (and the comparisons to Bird), he may turn out to be a slightly better version of Luke Jackson - he is more fluid than Jackson, but the overall court awareness that Bird possessed? Pretty much in doubt...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Gay.

Morrison is more of a consideration for the Denver pick, not the Raptor's high lotto pick. From what I saw of him last year he's a nice player, but he's no fanchise saviour.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
charlz said:
It seems there is a very good chance that there will be a UCON reunion

Rudy Gay & OR Josh Boone would be dandy.

If Raps should win lottery Gay seems like the best fit.. <-- no pun intended.
say no to boone...

·
Registered
268 Posts
kirk_2003 said:
GAY and SHELDEN :gopray:
For those concerned about Shelden Williams being 6' 9"/6' 10" and manning the middle - as a G'Town grad, I can assure you that Alonzo is just slightly over 6' 8" - Williams is a legitimate 250 pounds and possesses an interior player's build/girth - combine that and the instruction he's received under the tutelage of Mike Krzyzewski - certainly qualifies for consideration...

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Unknownone said:
For those concerned about Shelden Williams being 6' 9"/6' 10" and manning the middle - as a G'Town grad, I can assure you that Alonzo is just slightly over 6' 8" - Williams is a legitimate 250 pounds and possesses an interior player's build/girth - combine that and the instruction he's received under the tutelage of Mike Krzyzewski - certainly qualifies for consideration...

Yah Sheldon is A-OK with me. He will play C in th NBA.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Morrison is the best college player out of the three, and by a healthy margin IMO - he is the best player in the NCAA IMO. Simply a great scorer.

However, I think Gay has much more potential on the defensive end, so I say Gay.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
gay and shelden is a dream draft for sure.

star power/back up franchise potential if bosh doesn't get where we want.

and the perfect front court compliment to bosh and charlie v.

charlie/chris and shelden - all under 23 in the frontcourt? ouch.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Shelden will be a top 10 IMO based on who might or might not come out.

I seriously hope the presence of McRoberts takes away from his stats so we can have our shot at him with the second pick.

As for the poll, I have to watch some games this year before I commit.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
While I really like Brewer, if Gay is there we gotta take him.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I say Gay with the first pick.............. And Ronnie Brewer with the second pick... With Ronnie, there will be no need for mike james, if u guys watch the Razorbacks, Ronnie can run the point similiar to Joe Johnson, very unselfish, great handles, and great vision............. I would love Ronnie over Gay, because with Gay, i dont see a killer instinct, however that was the case with Villy comin outta college, so who knows

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm fine with any combo of Gay, Brewer, and Splitter.

The Landlord just doesn't cut it for me. He's a better (much) version of Pape Sow.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Do you guys really think that Babcock is going to draft the guy you want most? Even with the first pick I wouldn't make any assumptions. He's going to take who he wants.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
This is being called a weak draft, we'll have to see...

overall if we can't get Rudy Gay, I say trade, trade, trade!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts