Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this recent Wallace trade does everyone think that Atlanta will eventually drop below us in standings? I mean this team is really bad now. And I can't imagine Wallace being happy about where he is now.

Diaw,Vaughn
Terry,Person,Hansen
Jackson,Glover
Wallace,Henderson,Ekezie
Mohammed

Wow I know our team is bad right now but for sure that team would drop below us, right?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Depends if Wallace actually plays like he can. If he does, then theyll be better than us. If not, they'll probably be worse. Especially since I feel like the Bulls are about to break out and win some games.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
With this recent Wallace trade does everyone think that Atlanta will eventually drop below us in standings? I mean this team is really bad now. And I can't imagine Wallace being happy about where he is now.

Diaw,Vaughn
Terry,Person,Hansen
Jackson,Glover
Wallace,Henderson,Ekezie
Mohammed

Wow I know our team is bad right now but for sure that team would drop below us, right?
As long as Wallace doesn't go totally loopy, I don't see them as being any worse than they were before (which is to say, better than us).

At the guard spots, as individual players, Kirk > Boris and Terry = Crawford, but where they have a real advantage is that in pairing the 6'9 Diaw with Terry, they come out with a guy who can adequately defend the 1 (Terry) and a guy who can adequately defend the 2 (Diaw). We come out with two guys who can defend 1s and nobody who can defend 2s as well as Diaw.

It's not a matter of individual talent, but how they fit together.

As backups, I'd take Person and Vaughn over Brunson and Gill. Person is one of the best shooters in the league, is younger, and has better size than Gill.

At the 3, Jackson and Glover absolutely run rings around ERob/Dupree/JYD. ERob and Glover are probably comparable, but Jackson is way better than our guys. He's a legitimate starting quality player on a championship team. Our guys are bums compared to that.

At the 4/5, we've got Curry/AD/JYD/Chandler/Blount vs. Wallace/Nazr/Henderson/Ekezie/Crawford. The most productive player of that bunch, Wallace, is clearly on the Hawks, but we clearly have more frontcourt depth (although AD has been so hobbled of late that he hasn't been of much help).

All in all, the only place I think we've got any kind of edge is at the big positions, and that's because of depth, not because I think any of our guys are, right now, better than Rasheed Wallace. So I'd call that a slight advantage to us. I'd give the Hawks a slight advantage in the guard rotation due to the better mix of players and better backup players they have. I'd give a strong advantage to the Hawks in terms of what their 3s bring to the table. Add it all up, and I don't see us being any better than them.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
mike, I generally agree with your takes. Whats your take on what the Bulls should do between now and the beginning of next season?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
mike, I generally agree with your takes. Whats your take on what the Bulls should do between now and the beginning of next season?
Thanks!

I'm not sure... I kind of threw this set of ideas out in another thread this morning:

http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?postid=966816#post966816

Basically, it's
Trade: Chandler for Rashard Lewis
Draft: Okafor
MLE: Stephen Jackson
Veteran Exception ($1.5M): Mike James

I'm not sure that gets us to the playoffs, and it's unspectacular in the sense that we aren't going out and changing the whole team or trading for a guy like Pierce, but I think it represents slow but steady progress to getting out of the hole we're in. In this situation we get better even if Curry starts slow again, because guys like Lewis and Jackson will reduce the pressure on him. If Curry's got his **** together though, we could make a pretty nice jump.

Of course, that will all probably change over the next few months depending on any pre-deadline trades, how our guys finish out, and who declares for the draft.

Other things that intrigue me:

* Trading for Paul Pierce or Ray Allen.
* Trying to get Flip Murray added in a Lewis deal.
* Whether Luol Deng enters the draft

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
This trade makes the Hawks even better than before if Wallace doesn't go crazy...which is a big if.

You turn Wallace, Terry, and Jackson loose...that's a better trio than what we have. Wallace is already the best power forward in the eastern conference. And one of the better small forwards. Jackson has been hot. And Diaw gets more playing time...

They are actually creaping up into the playoff muddle. Don't be suprised if they are in the thick of things.

So no. I wouldn't worry about them dropping down and taking our lottery pick.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if they do drop below us, it ought to be because the Bulls are getting better, not that the Hawks will be worse.
How much worse can a team play than the Bulls recently? (i know they were on the road, but really, we go thru 2-8, or 1-9 ten game stretches with routine.
Its all up to the Bulls.

But as far as the Hawks, i agree with a couple of guys who wonder how much worse the Hawks can get. It's not a given they will not win 10 more. The only thing that makes you doubt that is their recent improved play, and will the players give the effort.
SAR seemed pretty peppy last night, i wonder if he was pumped about leaving. I wonder who the real Hawks were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts