Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
assuming that iverson and t-mac stay as the top 2 vote getters my math tells me that there will be 3 others taken to make up the 5 spots on the east roster.
t-mac
a.i.
baron davis
paul pierce
jason kidd
where does that leave lebron? or does one of those get left off?

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
McGrady: Starting G
Iverson: Starting G
Kidd: Backup G
Davis: Backup G
Marbury: Backup G (11th)
James: Backup G (12th)
Pierce: Backup F

Seem impossible? There are two "free" spaces on the all-star team where coaches can vote for anyone. There are automatically four guards on the team, two starters and two backups. Who's to say that the coaches can't put two more guards in in the "free" spots? The east isn't exactly overflowing with great forwards/centers to fill those sposts.

As for Pierce, he has been selected to both the all-star team and all-NBA teams as a forward before, and I expect that trend to continue here.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
East All Star Team:

PG: Iverson / Kidd
SG: McGrady / Davis
SF: Carter / Artest
PF: O'Neil / Martin
C : Wallace / Ilgauskas
Util: Pierce
Util: Marbury

That's the all-star team guys.

As well as Lebron has played, there is just no room for him

·
Registered
920 Posts
I feel bad for Michael Redd.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Michael Redd, Chauncey Billups, Allan Houston.... just a lot of good guards in the league.

If your going to feel bad for someone, feel bad for Jamal Magloire because no front court players can get into the game because of all the guards.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Michael Redd's gonna get in over Starbury from the coaches. Steph hasn't had that great a year and both of his teams have played poorly.

·
Registered
564 Posts
her are my Eastern All-Stars

G-Allen Iverson- Jason Kidd, Baron Davis
G-Tracy McGrady- Micheal Redd
F-Vince Carter- Ron Artest, Paul Pierce
F-Jermaine O'niell- Donyell Marshall- (Kenyon might make it but if not simply because i doubt he is liked by coaches around the L, my opinion)
C-Ben Wallce- Jamal Magloire

·
Registered
564 Posts
No i doubt that Jamal would even get consideration for the game... he is a selfish player who plays for himself and not the team, a little reminder of Ricky Davis last year and him being stiff armed to be in the game.

If Jamal makes it into the All-Star game i will be shocked.. but you never know stranger things have happened

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SoCar Bullsfan</b>!
How come Jamal Crawford cant get any love? is there any way he can make the all star team?
I'm going to have to assume you're kidding, though it's tough to tell. The only way Crawford has a shot at making the team is if he suddenly starts playing center.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

I'm going to have to assume you're kidding, though it's tough to tell. The only way Crawford has a shot at making the team is if he suddenly starts playing center.
Or if all the other guards on the list happen to catch polio at the same time. Crawford is no all-star. :no:

·
Registered
564 Posts
i dunno about marbury though making the all-star team... he just transferred to the eastern conference that is stacked with great guards.. he is second tier to some of the elite in the eastern... but not far behind and by elite i mean... AI, Kidd, Pierce, McGrady

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Marbury has 20 plus points a game and is second in the league in assists. There is no possible way he won't be on the all-star team.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
East All Star Team:

That looks like the All-Star team to me.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SoCar Bullsfan</b>!
How come Jamal Crawford cant get any love? is there any way he can make the all star team?
Crawford is not All-star material.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
come on

Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
East All Star Team:

Come on~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter over Pierce??

Give me a break. thats a joke.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Carter will start he has the most votes for anyone. Marbury since being on the Knicks averages 11 ast a game. He has to be in the game if he is second in assist. Plus 20 a game.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts