Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAME THREAD: Indiana Pacers vs. Boston Celtics (Game 1)

<center><font size=5><font color=yellow>Indiana Pacers</font>
VS
<font color=green>Boston Celtics</font></font></center>

<center>3-19-03
TV: ESPN
3:00 EST

<font color=red>VS</font> </center> </center>
<center>

Main Matchup
VS

VS
VS

</center>
<center><font color=red>Indiana (0-0) Boston (0-0)</font></center>

Click on the pictures up above to access more information on the players and teams involved in the game.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Alrighteee ...

Let's see --- this is a hard one.

But, since I don't get to watch these teams often, and when I do Boston is usually inconsistent with Walker starting off hot and fizzling --- I'm going with the PACERS to take this series. O'Neal is just awesome. They will need to keep Artest in check to keep him available for the series, and I don't doubt that Isaiah is ontop of that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If Ron Ron can stay out of trouble and play the entire series.. I dont see why the pacers can't sweep the celtics.. Really who is going to stop JO??:no: this will be a good series but i'm putting my money on the pacers in 4.. that's if Ron Ron stays out of trouble..

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Very good job by the officials to immediately separate Artest and Battie, and kick Battie out.

It was obvious that Battie was angry after Artest accidentally kicked him, so he tried to foul Artest hard. He may have tried to help him up, but it didn't matter.

Good call by the refs, and a good job by Artest to control his anger.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Battie could have done a pretty good job of stopping JO, if he wasnt tossed on a BS call. There is no way that was a flagrant 2. I wouldnt call it a flagrant at all. If he meant to do it. He woulda done it alot harder and he wouldnt try to help him up either.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
BTW...I'm picking the Pacers in 5 in this Series. And I think they'll go to the Finals.

But they'll lose to the Lakers in 5 or 6.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pantha348</b>!
Battie could have done a pretty good job of stopping JO, if he wasnt tossed on a BS call. There is no way that was a flagrant 2. I wouldnt call it a flagrant at all. If he meant to do it. He woulda done it alot harder and he wouldnt try to help him up either.
Totally disagree. It was obvious that he was trying to hurt him...that was a HARD foul. The only reason he tried to help him up was because he realized what a stupid thing he'd just done.

If he was left in the game, we might have seen a fight between Artest and Battie later on in the game, or Artest would retaliate. This is a Playoff series, things get intense, the refs can't let it get out of control.

Very good call.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Because Artest is a head case. He hit the camera after too. He should have gotten a T or somethin. It wasnt "HARD" but it was definatly a foul. I seriously doubt Battie was tryin to hurt him.

Bad Call.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Its 79 63 right now for the Pacers. The Celtics have no answer for our deep and tallented front court.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Artest

He's gonna lose this game for the Pacers and they shouldn't have lost. He is such a dumb *** sometimes. I love his competitive nature and his game overall is really good . . . He just burns me the hell up when he does ignorant **** like that last foul. :upset:

·
Registered
488 Posts
How good is Paul Pierce!?!?

That guy is amazing . . . I understand that he HAD to shoot like that even though he wasn't hitting shots early on. The man simply put the Cs on his back and carried them to a win though . . . I don't see the Cs that much, but I am now a Pierce fan forever! I still think Indiana will win it, but they better act like they know when it comes to Paul . . .

1 - 20 of 114 Posts