Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skiles is working hard on the kid.

link

"Eddy, we've got figure out how we're going to get minutes for him," Skiles said. "He wears out so easily and gets tired so easily and tends to hurt us when he does get tired. So we're still fighting an uphill conditioning battle with him."

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
By removing all five starters from the floor during the third quarter of Thursday's 108-93 loss at Memphis, Bulls coach Scott Skiles signaled that it's probably time for a lineup change.

• Newcomer Ronald Dupree stands an excellent chance of starting tonight against New York.

• Center Eddy Curry is not likely to join the starters anytime soon.

"I would say more than likely we're going to do something, but I don't see any reason to let the other team know," said Skiles, whose Bulls take on the Knicks tonight at the United Center.

Until Tyson Chandler returns from a back injury, Corie Blount might work well as a starter since his outside shot has been dependable more often than not.

"Eddy, we've got figure out how we're going to get minutes for him," Skiles said. "He wears out so easily and gets tired so easily and tends to hurt us when he does get tired. So we're still fighting an uphill conditioning battle with him."

Asked if Dupree is going to spend more time on the court, Skiles didn't try to mask his intentions.

"He's a viable candidate right now to possibly start in a game," Skiles said. "Ronald averaged 17, 18 points per game (actually 16.9) in the NBDL. If he played the same minutes here that he was playing there, he would be getting about that for us."

Dupree is the Bulls' third-leading scorer among players on the active roster at 11 points per game, while playing an average of 23.8 minutes.

This line up was playing .500 ball then collapsed the last two or three games.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot say enough about what happens if skiles makes it with EC.it's obvious with Eddy that all he needs is to want it a litle more,and he can make it bigtime.the thing is changes in the head rarely happen...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.