Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police cite Griffin

Timberwolves forward Eddie Griffin was cited early Thursday by Minneapolis police for not having a driver's license after he ran into another man's vehicle.

Griffin told police that he was driving south on University Av. SE. about 3 a.m. and was not paying attention to the road when he struck a Minneapolis man's vehicle near Sixth Ave. SE., according to a police report.

Nobody was hurt in the crash. Police cited Griffin for not having a license and for inattentive driving and then released him, the police report said.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
the guy really did have potential. its too bad his criminal carreer has taken front seat to his playing carreer. and to think, we got RJ for a guy like this, in addition to Jason Collins. wow, that has to rank up there with the best trades!

· Burned
18,770 Posts
He got in a fender bender. It happens all the time.

He'll have to pay a fine for not having a license, I guess.

This seems like no big deal to me as long as he wasn't impared.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
Wasnt he in probation though?
I don't think you go to jail for inattentive driving and not having a license.

· Banned
4,647 Posts
netfan4life said:
the guy really did have potential. its too bad his criminal carreer has taken front seat to his playing carreer. and to think, we got RJ for a guy like this, in addition to Jason Collins. wow, that has to rank up there with the best trades!
Griffin is still a very valuable NBA player, and, I think, close to maximizing his talent level. I think his offensive potential was hugely overrated to begin with. His defense and rebounding are very good, and he's one of the most talented shotblocker's in the league.

Unforutunately, he's a terrible jumpshooter whose attempts are 68% jumpshots.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He isn't getting any time lately in Minnesota. Earns $2.7M and $2.9M the next two years. I think he will be available in the off season. This is easily his worst season, dropping to 4.5 ppg.

D'Alessandro has also hinted he has backslid lately. Too bad...he is still only 23.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Wait he doesn't have a license, as in it was suspended or he left it at home?

-Petey

· Registered
8,647 Posts
7M3 said:
Griffin is still a very valuable NBA player, and, I think, close to maximizing his talent level. I think his offensive potential was hugely overrated to begin with. His defense and rebounding are very good, and he's one of the most talented shotblocker's in the league.

Unforutunately, he's a terrible jumpshooter whose attempts are 68% jumpshots.
sounds like something we need

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I think he'd be a worthy pick up. The guy has talent. I don't know if we have the pieces to entice the Wolves. We'd either have to give up Collins or take on some bad contracts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.